Stanford @ ASU (Oct. 18 [THU], 6 p.m., ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Greenblood
Senior

Stanford @ ASU (Oct. 18 [THU], 6 p.m., ESPN)

Post by Greenblood »

Love is questionable. I think ASU can win at home even if Stanford has Love, but I don't think it's a slam dunk. Go Sun Devils!
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Stanford @ ASU (Oct. 18 [THU], 6 p.m., ESPN)

Post by StevensTechU »

Toss up. I was looking at games to put money on and frankly have no idea who wins this. Leaning ASU only due to home field.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Toss up indeed. Stanford has been outplayed their last 3 games. I feel like they will be focused and play well and win.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Toss up indeed. Stanford has been outplayed their last 3 games. I feel like they will be focused and play well and win.
You could be right. It seems like there have been a few seasons where Stanford under Shaw has been written off after a loss or two, but then they turn it around.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Greenblood wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Toss up indeed. Stanford has been outplayed their last 3 games. I feel like they will be focused and play well and win.
You could be right. It seems like there have been a few seasons where Stanford under Shaw has been written off after a loss or two, but then they turn it around.
This. Plus a bye week will help their cause.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Greenblood wrote:
They look really bad right now. Maybe ASU will start fumbling the ball to them, if not they just aren't a good team.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

buckmarkduck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Greenblood wrote:
They look really bad right now. Maybe ASU will start fumbling the ball to them, if not they just aren't a good team.
It looks like ASU really isn't very good. Love played, but 11 carries/21 yards, didn't make much of an impact. Wilkins for ASU threw for 353 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT. NKeal Henry, 8 catches, 91 yds, no TD.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

It also seems like Stanford is refusing to go gentle into that good night -- once again.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Greenblood wrote:It also seems like Stanford is refusing to go gentle into that good night -- once again.
While I don't think we've got a likely chance at a Playoff spot, having Stanford finish the year as a Top 25 doesn't make that game look as bad as it felt.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Duck07 wrote:
Greenblood wrote:It also seems like Stanford is refusing to go gentle into that good night -- once again.
While I don't think we've got a likely chance at a Playoff spot, having Stanford finish the year as a Top 25 doesn't make that game look as bad as it felt.
True enough. But I guess it's because I don't think, for a number of reasons, that a CFP spot is at all realistic for the Ducks this year, that I'm focused on winning the North. That would require at least one (more) Cardinal conference loss, and this game seemed like a reasonable possibility. Stanford's remaining schedule is WSU, @UW, OSU, @Cal, @UCLA. I'm fairly confident Stanford will lose in Seattle, but not confident they would lose any others. And only one more Cardinal loss would very likely (maybe definitely; not sure about all the tie-breaking scenarios) require the Ducks to run the table through the Civil War in order to win the North, which I just don't feel good about happening right now.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Greenblood wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
True enough. But I guess it's because I don't think, for a number of reasons, that a CFP spot is at all realistic for the Ducks this year, that I'm focused on winning the North. That would require at least one (more) Cardinal conference loss, and this game seemed like a reasonable possibility. Stanford's remaining schedule is WSU, @UW, OSU, @Cal, @UCLA. I'm fairly confident Stanford will lose in Seattle, but not confident they would lose any others. And only one more Cardinal loss would very likely (maybe definitely; not sure about all the tie-breaking scenarios) require the Ducks to run the table through the Civil War in order to win the North, which I just don't feel good about happening right now.
Those mirror my thoughts exactly. I feel one more loss on this schedule for Oregon and I don’t know where. Wazzu is the easy answer but I could see something crazy happening down in Tucson (as it always does), or Chip putting some magic together back at Autzen. At Utah is never easy and they look to actually have an O (at times). ASU has had moments and weird stuff happens in rivalry games. I 100% hope I’m wrong but we all know how the Pac-12 works.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Duck24 wrote:
Greenblood wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Those mirror my thoughts exactly. I feel one more loss on this schedule for Oregon and I don’t know where. Wazzu is the easy answer but I could see something crazy happening down in Tucson (as it always does), or Chip putting some magic together back at Autzen. At Utah is never easy and they look to actually have an O (at times). ASU has had moments and weird stuff happens in rivalry games. I 100% hope I’m wrong but we all know how the Pac-12 works.
Yes. Right now I don't want Alabama Getting through the Pac-12, finishing off with a win in the Rose Bowl, as Duck24 just illustrated, would be a great accomplishment for what I expect would be Coach of the Year Cristobal and the team.