Oregon St. @ UCLA (Sat., 6 p.m., P12N)

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Greenblood
Senior

Oregon St. @ UCLA (Sat., 6 p.m., P12N)

Post by Greenblood »

I keep thinking that the Beavers are about to break through and get a semi-unexpected conference game W. Not sure this will be the game, though. I think it will be close but will go with the Bruins, who are favored by 5.5. I see that a couple of you so far are going with the Beavers, but the vast majority are predicting UCLA.
Merganzer
Senior

Re: Oregon St. @ UCLA (Sat., 6 p.m., P12N)

Post by Merganzer »

I feel like the Beavers are the better team, but they are still in a phase where somehow, someway, something happens and they find a way to lose.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Merganzer wrote:I feel like the Beavers are the better team, but they are still in a phase where somehow, someway, something happens and they find a way to lose.
Their MO has ALWAYS been "to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory". Poor little beevis.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

I picked them last week and lost, so went with UCLA this week, but am thinking leavers will win.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

thomas time wrote:I picked them last week and lost, so went with UCLA this week, but am thinking leavers will win.
And...you were right!
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

:? Isaiah Hodgins just looks like a WR how did we pass up on him?
Return Of the Quack!
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Duckattack7 wrote::? Isaiah Hodgins just looks like a WR how did we pass up on him?
College coaches don't put enough emphasis on hands, that's why. Hodgins runs a really slow 40 (4.8 ish).
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

I think this was a really good, breakthrough win for the Beavers. I think most of us would feel fine with a 17-point Duck win at UCLA. It makes me wonder what kind of role they might play in the conference the rest of the season. While I don't think at this point they're a true threat to win the North (although if the Ducks continue their poor execution on offense, who knows . . . ), I could see them playing a spoiler role.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Jonathan Smith's record at Oregon State: 4-14

Chip Kelly's record at UCLA: 4-14
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

The Beavers' problem is they have about 1 and a half good players on defense. Hamilcar Rashed Jr is a stud, but outside of him, they're working with pretty sparse talent. I thought Elu Aydon and Shawn Wilson would be better by this point in their careers, but they're just role players.

OSU's offense would put up 40+ on OSU's defense.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Greenblood wrote:I think this was a really good, breakthrough win for the Beavers. I think most of us would feel fine with a 17-point Duck win at UCLA. It makes me wonder what kind of role they might play in the conference the rest of the season. While I don't think at this point they're a true threat to win the North (although if the Ducks continue their poor execution on offense, who knows . . . ), I could see them playing a spoiler role.
I feel like your blowing a win by a crappy beavers team over an even crappier UCLA team way out of proportion.