UCLA Has a Deceiving Won/Loss Record (Makes Me Nervous)

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

SuperDuck
Senior

UCLA Has a Deceiving Won/Loss Record (Makes Me Nervous)

Post by SuperDuck »

I was just watching the Oklahoma vs TCU game and the announcer mentioned "the UCLA game". I'd forgotten that they'd played OU and decided to check their schedule to see exactly who they've played so far. Needless to say, I was shocked!

Take a look:

https://uclabruins.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=1520

Not counting today's games, UCLA's opponents have a combined record of 25-5!!!

Their losses have come to Cincinnati (5-0), Oklahoma (5-1, Fresno State (5-1), Colorado (5-1) and Washington (5-2).

They just destroyed Cal last week and play Arizona today, who is without Kalil Tate at QB.

My point is that the UCLA game was looking very winnable before, based soley on their record, but they may be better than many people think. If nothing else, they won't be intimidated by Oregon.
John 3:36
Merganzer
Senior

Re: UCLA Has a Deceiving Won/Loss Record (Makes Me Nervous)

Post by Merganzer »

Yes, I'm glad this one's at Autzen. The Local's weren't taking the schedule into account and were giving it to Chip. He of course ignored the noise and has the Bruins playing much better now.
Jesseisabeast
One Star Recruit

Post by Jesseisabeast »

He booted several guys and frankly doesn’t have a ton of offensive weapons. Started playing the true freshman QB and now has a hot running back like you’d expect from Chip. They got way better in their bye week and are improving fast. Remember Oregon in 2009? Horrible start at Boise...some ugly wins as the team gains momentum. The league has changed and UCLA in thin but Chip is still a great coach...
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

LOL UCLA is not a good football team despite who they've played. They may get there but I'm not worried about the game at all. FatMac is exactly the kind of DT that Chips offenses hate to go against.