How pointless will bowl games become?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

How pointless will bowl games become?

Post by Alan »

With the amount of kids sitting out bowl games waiting for the draft I wonder how much luster bowl games wiill continue to have. Michigan St has their top DB sitting, Stanford has Love sitting. I think the playoffs will still maintain a full team and maybe even the New Years Six, the rest are a crap shoot. I can see paid college players with incentives playing most Bowl Games in the future.......... just a thought, yours?
Merganzer
Senior

Re: How pointless will bowl games become?

Post by Merganzer »

Save for the Redbox because of the Ducks being involved, and the New Years 6, I don't have any real interest in the 40 others so I get why a player with an NFL future would feel the same about playing in one.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

I make an effort to watch every bowl game unless I am at work. Its good to see programs you normally wouldnt due to regional programming. Take Duke for example, who knew they had a QB that is going to be drafted.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

I love watching the bowl games but see the point. They may become as important as a spring game.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

TualatinDuck wrote:I make an effort to watch every bowl game unless I am at work. Its good to see programs you normally wouldn't due to regional programming. Take Duke for example, who knew they had a QB that is going to be drafted.
I normally watch many or most Bowl games, but with the exception of a few, many of the matchups this season are just awful. There are 4 games on today and I really have no interest in any of them. They should start improving after Christmas, though, hopefully.
John 3:36
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

SuperDuck wrote:
TualatinDuck wrote:I make an effort to watch every bowl game unless I am at work. Its good to see programs you normally wouldn't due to regional programming. Take Duke for example, who knew they had a QB that is going to be drafted.
I normally watch many or most Bowl games, but with the exception of a few, many of the matchups this season are just awful. There are 4 games on today and I really have no interest in any of them. They should start improving after Christmas, though, hopefully.
Memphis vs wake Forrest has been entertaining.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

College Basketball postseason games >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bowl games.

It's harder because you can't play 6 football game in 3 weeks, but I think they do become less and less important as time goes by. No reason to play in a game that literally means nothing, to potentially get hurt.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Let's see a show of hands... Who watched the "FIRST RESPONDER BOWL"?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

woundedknees wrote:Let's see a show of hands... Who watched the "FIRST RESPONDER BOWL"?
Gotta love the slogan

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... l-canceled
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

FlDuckFan wrote:
woundedknees wrote:Let's see a show of hands... Who watched the "FIRST RESPONDER BOWL"?
Gotta love the slogan

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... l-canceled
Canceled bowl game in the first quarter, dam all the money fans paid, dam everything that comes with a bowl game...... pointless bowl games?
neezy3
Four Star Recruit

Post by neezy3 »

Man I would have been bummed to travel down there during the holidays to have the game canceled in the 1st quarter. Sounded like the schools were going to refund the ticket if you bought through the AD but unsure on travel expenses. Read earlier it was the first cancellation since the Hawaii Bowl after Pearl Harbor so will be interesting to see how this plays out.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

I did, was looking at my phone, then look up to game suspended.