Boise vs Boston College - Cancelled after 9 minutes

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Boise vs Boston College - Cancelled after 9 minutes

Post by Duck07 »

That's got to end up being a gigantic disaster for everyone involved.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Boise vs Boston College - Cancelled after 9 minutes

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Can’t believe the teams decided to cancel the game, what a lazy and pathetic way to end the season! The weather was going to clear. Sucks for the fans that spent money to travel and watch this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Can’t believe the teams decided to cancel the game, what a lazy and pathetic way to end the season! The weather was going to clear. Sucks for the fans that spent money to travel and watch this game.
I don't think it was the teams decisions, I think it was the bowl committee. What a cluster for all.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

UofDuck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Can’t believe the teams decided to cancel the game, what a lazy and pathetic way to end the season! The weather was going to clear. Sucks for the fans that spent money to travel and watch this game.
I don't think it was the teams decisions, I think it was the bowl committee. What a cluster for all.
From what I read it said bowl officials and the teams unanimously decided to cancel and call it a no contest.

Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
UofDuck wrote:
From what I read it said bowl officials and the teams unanimously decided to cancel and call it a no contest.

Fans who traveled got screwed! Embarrassing!
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Boston college is refunding their fans. Interesting, because it wasn’t Boston colleges fault weather happened...
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

StevensTechU wrote:Boston college is refunding their fans. Interesting, because it wasn’t Boston colleges fault weather happened...
I wonder if they are claiming it as a loss on the books somehow? Plus, I doubt BC is hurting financially and for your fans who do travel, it will help them to make that trip again in the future knowing that the last time a bowl game didn't get played THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR!
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

Duck07 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:Boston college is refunding their fans. Interesting, because it wasn’t Boston colleges fault weather happened...
I wonder if they are claiming it as a loss on the books somehow? Plus, I doubt BC is hurting financially and for your fans who do travel, it will help them to make that trip again in the future knowing that the last time a bowl game didn't get played THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR!
I believe it was called a no contest so basically never happened.