Remind me again why we need to expand th CFP?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

SuperDuck
Senior

Re: Remind me again why we need to expand th CFP?

Post by SuperDuck »

Personally, I think there's a great chance that Alabama continues to dominate after Saban retires. If I were them, my first 2 calls would be to Dabo Sweeney at Clemson and Kirby Smart at Georgia. Those are 2 coaches that could easily continue the dominance. Actually, if Dabo were able to bring DC Brent Venables with him, they may be even better!
John 3:36
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

SuperDuck wrote:Personally, I think there's a great chance that Alabama continues to dominate after Saban retires. If I were them, my first 2 calls would be to Dabo Sweeney at Clemson and Kirby Smart at Georgia. Those are 2 coaches that could easily continue the dominance. Actually, if Dabo were able to bring DC Brent Venables with him, they may be even better!
Give Urb two years, and I would put some money on him coming back to take over for Saban. Of course, if his ‘health’ improves.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

SuperDuck wrote:Personally, I think there's a great chance that Alabama continues to dominate after Saban retires. If I were them, my first 2 calls would be to Dabo Sweeney at Clemson and Kirby Smart at Georgia. Those are 2 coaches that could easily continue the dominance. Actually, if Dabo were able to bring DC Brent Venables with him, they may be even better!
I’m not sure either would leave their current situation, unless Bama pays an exorbitant amount more than their current universities. However, both of those schools should be able to match what Bama offers. Smart is an UGA alum, and Swinney has had so much success at Clemson, there’s no reason for him to leave. He’s a legend at Clemson now. Both guy have plenty of resources at their current school, so I’m not sure what Bama offers that they don’t have now. There’s zero doubt in my mind they’ll take a step back when Saban leaves.