Super Bowl LIII: Patriots vs. Rams

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Greenblood
Senior

Super Bowl LIII: Patriots vs. Rams

Post by Greenblood »

I certainly have no great analysis of the game, but since I was a Los Angeles Rams fan back in the Roman Gabriel days (yes, I'm up there), they are my NFL team, and I'm thrilled they're in.

Just because of the Patriots' experience in big games this century, I sort of "predict" a last-minute Brady-led successful drive that cuts out the hearts of Rams' fans everywhere. But we'll see.
Last edited by Greenblood on Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
duckfan22
Senior

Re: Super Bowl: Patriots vs. Rams

Post by duckfan22 »

no time left on clock as Brandon Cooks catches the game winning
touchdown leaving Brady and the hoodie with that perplexed look on
their face....
Merganzer
Senior

Re: Super Bowl LIII: Patriots vs. Rams

Post by Merganzer »

Go Rams, the Patriots beat, "The Greatest Show On Turf" for their first SB win, it would be sweet if the LA Rams would give the Patriots their second SB loss in a row.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I haven’t seen them yet, but I hope the Rams wear their old LA Rams yellow and blue uni’s and not the St Louis khaki and blue.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UofDuck wrote:I haven’t seen them yet, but I hope the Rams wear their old LA Rams yellow and blue uni’s and not the St Louis khaki and blue.
They announced they were wearing their throwbacks only a couple hours after winning the NFC Championship game.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Either way its 8 seasons in a row that a Duck will win a Superb Owl.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Duck07 wrote:Either way its 8 seasons in a row that a Duck will win a Superb Owl.
I loved my Superb Owl! Got put on the protected species list and was confiscated by the thought police...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Duck07 wrote:Either way its 8 seasons in a row that a Duck will win a Superb Owl.
Right. For the Patriots it's Patrick Chung. For the Rams it's Troy Hill and Johnny Mundt. Rams also happen to have former Beavers Brandin Cooks, Sean Mannion and punter Johnny Hekker on their roster.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Don't care that much. Will probably root for Rams just to have a new face winning it all.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Greenblood wrote:
Right. For the Patriots it's Patrick Chung. For the Rams it's Troy Hill and Johnny Mundt. Rams also happen to have former Beavers Brandin Cooks, Sean Mannion and punter Johnny Hekker on their roster.
How about Troy Hill? The dude played in all 16 games this year for maybe the best team in the league. His rise from being inconsistent his first three years for the Ducks to blowing up his senior year and then bouncing around but steadily improving in the NFL has been pretty fun to watch. I wonder if the Patriots regret letting him go.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Phalanx wrote:
Greenblood wrote:
How about Troy Hill? The dude played in all 16 games this year for maybe the best team in the league. His rise from being inconsistent his first three years for the Ducks to blowing up his senior year and then bouncing around but steadily improving in the NFL has been pretty fun to watch. I wonder if the Patriots regret letting him go.
For sure. I do note that Hill seems to have a tendency to get flagged for penalties after getting beat. For me, actually, I might be more impressed with Mundt making the roster. Mundt had that breakout game his true frosh year vs. Tennessee in 2013, but then it seemed like the rest of his Duck career he underachieved.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Greenblood wrote:
And maybe we should also mention starting DT Ndamukong Suh of the Rams, who was born in Portland and went to Grant High (and long before pot was legal in the state).
Last edited by Greenblood on Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Don't care that much. Will probably root for Rams just to have a new face winning it all.

X2
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Phalanx wrote:
Greenblood wrote:

* next to anything they accomplish. The Saints are still the better team.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Didn't realize they would be showing a replay of the Redbox bowl, at the same time as the super bowl.