Buh Bye Ernie..................

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

ICamel
Two Star Recruit

Buh Bye Ernie..................

Post by ICamel »

Head Basketball Coach Ernie Kent will not return as head coach of the Cougars next season.
https://wsucougars.com/news/2019/3/14/l ... tball.aspx
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Buh Bye Ernie..................

Post by UOducksTK1 »

He’s just not a good coach, feel for the guy but maybe it’s time for something else.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Move!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

he... was a good coach. but outside of 2007, i don't think he's had a season he can feel good about in a decade and a half. bill moos hired his buddy and set washington state even further back than they already were after the disastrous ken bone era.

he had a nice run at st. mary's, and he put in the work his first 5-6 years here. there was a time when he was as innovative with his fast break offense as anyone this side of roy williams. i still have that SI issue from the early 2000s that did a feature on him and his success in building oregon into the fastest team in the country.
ImageImageImageImageImage
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Yeah he was good from 99-07 but has lost his touch a bit. He had some great success at Oregon so I don’t hate him like some others do.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Yeah he was good from 99-07 but has lost his touch a bit. He had some great success at Oregon so I don’t hate him like some others do.
X2
ICamel
Two Star Recruit

Post by ICamel »

Ernie took the team to five NCAA tournaments, one Pac12 regular season championship, and two Pac12 tournament championships and had a good run at Oregon but his record was too up and down. It was his inconsistency and snake oil salesmanship that did him in.

When the Ducks played in Pullman this year I noticed that the arena was pretty empty of fans for the Cougs. I thought that Ernie was dead man walking there.

I think Ernie's remaining future is in broadcasting. Good luck to you Ernie and thanks for what you did playing and coaching at Oregon.