NDSU/OREGON 2020

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

maxduck
Senior

Re: NDSU/OREGON 2020

Post by maxduck »

Alan wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Can you hide a thread? I know you can hide a poster but I’m wondering if I can just not see this obnoxious thread again.
Haha! I've been tempted to move it to the other guys thread actually.
It’s too bad you could not have been more selective on which data was lost when this site went down!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Can you hide a thread? I know you can hide a poster but I’m wondering if I can just not see this obnoxious thread again.
I’m just one opinion but I’d love that move! To me it belongs in the Other Guys thread cause it’s more about NDSU than the ducks or the game between them.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

It’s a pretty major game thread with 30,000 or so. The purpose of the thread is to discuss the game and events surrounding it. The GAM is also providing insights into the 3 propositions surrounding it

Money line winner
Winner and points
Over/under

When the Bison begin formal preparations for this game next week the GAM will have the published early line. Some of the scenarios are pretty crazy and some have been discussed including over/under but none is official since there is no window open yet.

It really doesn’t matter where the thread goes. It would seem odd that you would segregate this game from the others. It doesn’t make any difference Iowa didn’t even shake hands after their loss. Unfortunately since it us a Division 1 college football game it can not be labeled exhibition. It’s big budget D1 vs Small budget D1. Everybody loves the underdog and this one is going on the permanent record no matter where the thread is. It’s a counter with a lot of bearing on how the 2020 season will go in Eugene.

As far as the other big game the GAMs prediction is has been published and guidance on over/under and spread is there. We are expecting Ohio State to cover the current 9.5 spread and win.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

I can see why the pressure is getting to you folks out in Oregon. We are loving it here in Bison City. This game is in the news and most of Oregon’s mentions are always from the context of NDSU.. if they weren’t on your schedule your fcs game would be invisible. Now the FCS game is your big game and Oregon is getting a lot of mentions through articles and threads about NDSU everywhere.

It looks like Oregon isn’t playing NDSU, the Bison are playing Oregon is the story and that’s how it’s being covered. Look at the # of thread posts on this board for instance and see where the game interest is. Trying to hide the thread doesn’t change the reality any more than a child hiding under a blanket makes the world go away. You may be more comfortable though and that’s good.

The headliner is NDSU. Here’s another example from ESPN article yesterday

Life after Joe Burrow and Tua Tagovailoa: Our top college football quarterback questions.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... -questions

Near the top the mention of NDSU

Who's the best small-school quarterback?

Of course it’s about Trey Lance and the big game is mentioned
If the schedule holds up, we'll get a chance to see Lance try to play giant slayer. The Bison open the season Sept. 5 in Eugene against a top-10 Oregon team.
Oregon gets mention well below NDSU

What will life be like after Justin Herbert at Oregon?

Oregon is a top ten school now in the shadow of the FCS National Champions. Nothing changes that. The Bison are the story providing Oregon with a lot of free publicity.

I get the irritation. Everybody does. It’s evident and clear It’s not supposed to be about NDSU but it is.

The quote at BisonVille is great and perfectly sums up the Ducks position:
You picked a fight with a girl that knows how to fight.

:lol: Love that quote.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

JBB wrote:I can see why the pressure is getting to you folks out in Oregon. We are loving it here in Bison City. This game is in the news and most of Oregon’s mentions are always from the context of NDSU.. if they weren’t on your schedule your fcs game would be invisible. Now the FCS game is your big game and Oregon is getting a lot of mentions through articles and threads about NDSU everywhere.

It looks like Oregon isn’t playing NDSU, the Bison are playing Oregon is the story and that’s how it’s being covered. Look at the # of thread posts on this board for instance and see where the game interest is. Trying to hide the thread doesn’t change the reality any more than a child hiding under a blanket makes the world go away. You may be more comfortable though and that’s good.

The headliner is NDSU. Here’s another example from ESPN article yesterday

Life after Joe Burrow and Tua Tagovailoa: Our top college football quarterback questions.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... -questions

Near the top the mention of NDSU

Who's the best small-school quarterback?

Of course it’s about Trey Lance and the big game is mentioned
If the schedule holds up, we'll get a chance to see Lance try to play giant slayer. The Bison open the season Sept. 5 in Eugene against a top-10 Oregon team.
Oregon gets mention well below NDSU

What will life be like after Justin Herbert at Oregon?

Oregon is a top ten school now in the shadow of the FCS National Champions. Nothing changes that. The Bison are the story providing Oregon with a lot of free publicity.

I get the irritation. Everybody does. It’s evident and clear It’s not supposed to be about NDSU but it is.

The quote at BisonVille is great and perfectly sums up the Ducks position:
You picked a fight with a girl that knows how to fight.

:lol: Love that quote.
You're trying too hard. Even for those of us that don't think it'll be a 50 point blowout, it's incredibly obvious that OSU is the big game. Oregon doesn't need publicity, and nobody really cares how the media is covering this game. I wouldn't have once looked at that article and scoffed at the order of the questions.

The only concern with this game is that the offense will basically be brand new from a players and coaching perspective, so it's the great unknown. With hardly any Spring practice to implement the offense and a shortened summer, it brings concern that the offense could struggle, which could make this game closer than one would expect.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

More on Oregon and the big game thanks to NDSUs media coverage. IMO they have it right.

How would NDSU do against 130 FBS teams? Take a look at SBNATION

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... -state-fbs

Oregon is not mentioned with the elites. In fact Oregon finds itself in the 6th group identified as on the fence: Oregon is right in there with Georgia Southern a team NDSU beat in the playoffs that was probably one of the greatest games ever played.
On the fence
Missouri
Memphis
NC State
Cincinnati
Syracuse
Georgia Southern
Virginia
South Carolina
Troy
Kentucky
Oregon

This is the most middling group here, for me. All of these teams had fine seasons. None is anything near a juggernaut, and most of them lost games to teams you’d generally expect North Dakota State to beat. The only team here that didn’t is Missouri, and the Tigers lost to multiple teams that seem like fringe cases against the Bison.
For extra credit name the NDSU coach that said:
This will be “one whale of a game!
Ps. The Bison lost to Troy State On a last second FG in driving rains in a D2 National Championship game back in the 1980s.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

JBB wrote:More on Oregon and the big game thanks to NDSUs media coverage. IMO they have it right.

How would NDSU do against 130 FBS teams? Take a look at SBNATION

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... -state-fbs

Oregon is not mentioned with the elites. In fact Oregon finds itself in the 6th group identified as on the fence: Oregon is right in there with Georgia Southern a team NDSU beat in the playoffs that was probably one of the greatest games ever played.
On the fence
Missouri
Memphis
NC State
Cincinnati
Syracuse
Georgia Southern
Virginia
South Carolina
Troy
Kentucky
Oregon

This is the most middling group here, for me. All of these teams had fine seasons. None is anything near a juggernaut, and most of them lost games to teams you’d generally expect North Dakota State to beat. The only team here that didn’t is Missouri, and the Tigers lost to multiple teams that seem like fringe cases against the Bison.
For extra credit name the NDSU coach that said:
This will be “one whale of a game!
Ps. The Bison lost to Troy State On a last second FG in driving rains in a D2 National Championship game back in the 1980s.
Lol. Solid research on an article from 2 years ago when Oregon was still rebuilding their team. They are a much different, deeper team than they were then. I don’t know why I’m engaging. You’ve clearly gone into full troll mode. We’ll see what happens when the game gets played.
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
I’m just one opinion but I’d love that move! To me it belongs in the Other Guys thread cause it’s more about NDSU than the ducks or the game between them.
I would have dropped it down further to "Other" and Titled it GAM, allowing JBB to keep talking to himself. Maybe introduce JBB to Hines - Sorry, not gonna happen cause He aint coming back.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

Game planing continues ar NDSU.
Game Tickets
Kickoff TBD*
Saturday, Sept. 5, 2020
NDSU Bison vs. Oregon Ducks
Autzen Stadium, Eugene, OR

Subject to availability, remaining single-game tickets for the NDSU-Oregon game are scheduled to go on sale to the public online at GoDucks.com at 8 p.m. CT on Wednesday, June 10.

*Due to TV commitments, game time will be determined six days before the event. Please refer to your local media, http://www.goducks.com, or call (541) 346-4461 the week of the game for current kickoff times.
NDSU has blocks of rooms at 5 Eugene hotels all sold out.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

JBB wrote:Game planing continues ar NDSU.
Game Tickets
Kickoff TBD*
Saturday, Sept. 5, 2020
NDSU Bison vs. Oregon Ducks
Autzen Stadium, Eugene, OR

Subject to availability, remaining single-game tickets for the NDSU-Oregon game are scheduled to go on sale to the public online at GoDucks.com at 8 p.m. CT on Wednesday, June 10.

*Due to TV commitments, game time will be determined six days before the event. Please refer to your local media, http://www.goducks.com, or call (541) 346-4461 the week of the game for current kickoff times.
NDSU has blocks of rooms at 5 Eugene hotels all sold out.
The hotels are always booked out game days. The TVs aren’t typically great in there though, so I’d pick somewhere else to watch the game.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

If the Duck players and coaches are even looking at all this media garbage, it could cause them to be more focused and put a real beat down. Everyone talks about QB lack of experience. We have 5 to choose from(BC transfer and 4 4* recruits), all who are potentially better than Trey Lance. Scream JBB, but that's fact. Remember a guy named Marcus. I was one who thought Bennett should have been QB, because of experience. We know how that turned out. After Lance, maybe NDSU will try to get one them who will obviously transfer, except they will probably want to go to an FBS school. I think Shough or, I'm probably alone, Ashford. They all have skills, so it will depend on mental. Our OL still has Sewell and, watching hi-lites of some of newcomers, the OL will still be very good. Need to stop questioning the offense.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Meh, Trey Lance is legit good. He will likely be better than whomever is our starter this year. On the flip side, our line play is significantly better than theirs. That is where the game will be won.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Meh, Trey Lance is legit good. He will likely be better than whomever is our starter this year. On the flip side, our line play is significantly better than theirs. That is where the game will be won.

Tyler is already being tabbed as a top 15 pick for 2022 by mock drafts. Yes Lance has more experience, but I think our guy will be just as good.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:Meh, Trey Lance is legit good. He will likely be better than whomever is our starter this year. On the flip side, our line play is significantly better than theirs. That is where the game will be won.

Tyler is already being tabbed as a top 15 pick for 2022 by mock drafts. Yes Lance has more experience, but I think our guy will be just as good.
Yeh! I didn't say Lance was no good. Having seen hi-lites of our 4* recruits, they are all potentially better than Lance. All of them may not be. Haven't seen Anthony? from BC hi-lites. I remember Vernon Adams from a FCS school, also Prukop. Mixed bag when moving to FBS. I remember Justin Roper(I believe still holds the Sun Bowl record for TD passes) who moved down and didn't become starter. I believe Tyler will start and be as good or better than Lance. Anthony and Robbie will be backups, with Robbie possibly playing elsewhere. All of our recruits are rated as high as Herbert out of HS. I just don't see QB being the problem many do.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

I’m not concerned about that Duck58. I don’t speak for the Bison. If Oregon were to overlook the Bison you or anyone else could hardly consider them a top 10 team on the playoff bubble. The Ducks should play their best. I am looking at the GAM though and the predicted results are pretty startling. We have been working on it all spring. It’s just got to be wrong but on the other hand NDSU is loaded. They have 3 or 4 players considered the best in the FCS so far and they are maybe half through with the FCS “Jersey Count-Down”

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-202 ... ayers-bzbz

Great podcast linked below. It’s mostly about Pac12, Ohio @ Oregon, NDSU @ Oregon and a subject I Find interesting: Should teams forfeit if they aren’t able to play?

I think they should. If NDSU is ready, willing and able to play and Oregon can’t or won’t it should be an Oregon forfeit and whatever remedy for non performance there is should have to be paid to NDSU. An Oregon forfeit would count as win #38 for the Bison.

https://herosports.com/fcs-football/nor ... eek-1-ahah