Andrew Luck

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

thomas time
Senior

Andrew Luck

Post by thomas time »

Andrew Luck has informed the Indianapolis Colts that he is retiring from the NFL, a source told ESPN.

Luck, who turns 30 on Sept. 12, already has met with Colts owner Jim Irsay to tell him that he is retiring, the source said.

There will be a news conference Sunday to make it official, but Luck is mentally worn down, and now checking out, the source said.
SuperDuck
Senior

Re: Andrew Luck

Post by SuperDuck »

I just saw that. It's too bad.
John 3:36
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Hey! Could that be the next place Mariota ends up?
John 3:36
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

or Tua or Justin, colts can go from Peyton to Andrew to Tua or Justin
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Best to him! He was always a class act! I wonder how much has to do with his shoulder still giving him problems or the injury and surgery it self
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Best of “Luck” to a class act. I’ll never forget him blowing up a defensive player and causing a fumble on a turnover.

Indianapolis could very well be a landing spot for Herbert now.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

"I've been stuck in this process," he said, stopping several times to overcome his emotions. "I haven't been able to live the life I want to live. It's taken the joy out of this game ... the only way forward for me is to remove myself from football."

Luck told reporters Saturday night that he first started thinking about retirement two weeks ago.

"I'm in pain; I'm still in pain," he said.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Alan wrote:Best to him! He was always a class act! I wonder how much has to do with his shoulder still giving him problems or the injury and surgery it self
Couldn't agree more.With all the accolades he received he always seemed like he just wanted to be one of the guys.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

I hated when we had to play him, but Luck is a good dude and an awesome QB who helped me win my $1000 fantasy league last year.

He’s made plenty of money, has a Stanford education, and passions outside of football. No sense in sacrificing your body for something you aren’t passionate about anymore. he Has another 40-50 years to live, you want to be able to walk and lift your arms.

Also, I’m glad my fantasy draft is this week - I would have probably taken him as my QB1.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

this isn't a knock but that felt like an Andrew Luck way to go out. He's always been his own person.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Did his own fans boo him?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13