Burfict suspended for the year

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Burfict suspended for the year

Post by nogerO »

Notorious cheap shot artist suspended for the year by the NFL after late hit on Colts Jack Doyle who was down and trying to get up. It was a helmet to helmet hit and the perp lowered his helmet to make late contact.

Oakland Raiders' Vontaze Burfict suspended for season after vicious hit to Indianapolis Colts receiver

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/raiders- ... -suspended
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Re: Burfict suspended for the year

Post by duckduckgoose »

The guy has been dirty even in college at ASU! Should just ban him from the league for good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

He has been kicked out of 9 games or helmet to helmet, he’s been fined all nine games. He was a cheap shot artist at asu, As mentioned. He’s the one that should be made example of, ban him for life! He does not have the right to cripple somebody, give anybody brain damage or even killed anybody. We should be gone forever.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

Alan wrote:He has been kicked out of 9 games or helmet to helmet, he’s been fined all nine games. He was a cheap shot artist at asu, As mentioned. He’s the one that should be made example of, ban him for life! He does not have the right to cripple somebody, give anybody brain damage or even killed anybody. We should be gone forever.
I agree but on the other hand how can they suspend him the whole year but only give someone like Kareem hunt 8 games?
Return Of the Quack!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Duckattack7 wrote:
Alan wrote:He has been kicked out of 9 games or helmet to helmet, he’s been fined all nine games. He was a cheap shot artist at asu, As mentioned. He’s the one that should be made example of, ban him for life! He does not have the right to cripple somebody, give anybody brain damage or even killed anybody. We should be gone forever.
I agree but on the other hand how can they suspend him the whole year but only give someone like Kareem hunt 8 games?
Repeated violations. The NFL can do whatever they want frankly with suspensions using vague language but this is an issue the Players Association should get behind because the moment a player dies on the field is the moment the NFL will begin counting its days.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duck07 wrote:
Duckattack7 wrote:
Repeated violations. The NFL can do whatever they want frankly with suspensions using vague language but this is an issue the Players Association should get behind because the moment a player dies on the field is the moment the NFL will begin counting its days.
Yes, repeated violations and also, according to one media report I heard yesterday, in Burfict's appeal(s) processes Burfict was warned by the appeal court that since he was not getting the message on correcting his actions on the field the severity of his punishment would escalate. I agree also about the players association, they need to distance themselves from Burfict and support the NFL on this decision, one of the things they stand for is players safety, both the players association and the NFL need to place Burfict on a island by himselves, no help no supporting. Burfict has found a legal way to be a criminal.