Re: Portland Trail Blazers 2019/20 Thread

Post by Boom »

That one stings
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Boom wrote:That one stings
It just feels like they constantly crap the bed in the 3rd quarter.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Duck07 wrote:
Boom wrote:That one stings
It just feels like they constantly crap the bed in the 3rd quarter.
9 point lead at half time against Philly, 1 point deficit going into the 4th.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

Big win tonight, they control their destiny. If memphis loses its locked.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

It was a big win. I think it will be harder to win Thursday. Lillard played 41 minutes and scored 60 points, and they still barely beat the Mavericks, who had very little sense of urgency about that game, being already locked into the 7th seed in the West. If the Blazers get past Brooklyn, they may be playing Phoenix. I don't see that match-up going well for the Blazers. They might be more one-dimensional now than they were when they got swept by Jrue and the Pelicans.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

What's really hurting them now is McCollum has been playing with a hairline fracture in one of his spine's transverse processes since Thursday. It's not something that is dangerous but it's supposedly causing him a lot of pain and it has shown in his limited production the past few games.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

[analyzin'] The last 2 games have been a lot of fun to watch. [/analyzin']
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Phalanx wrote:It was a big win. I think it will be harder to win Thursday. Lillard played 41 minutes and scored 60 points, and they still barely beat the Mavericks, who had very little sense of urgency about that game, being already locked into the 7th seed in the West. If the Blazers get past Brooklyn, they may be playing Phoenix. I don't see that match-up going well for the Blazers. They might be more one-dimensional now than they were when they got swept by Jrue and the Pelicans.
What are you talking about, Dallas was fighting for the 6 seed. Smh on your takes.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Yea, that 'Mavericks had no sense of urgency' was not reflected in the minutes that Dallas played their starters in the game. Not at all true.

Brooklyn, at least theoretically, may have less to play for.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

pudgejeff wrote:
Phalanx wrote:It was a big win. I think it will be harder to win Thursday. Lillard played 41 minutes and scored 60 points, and they still barely beat the Mavericks, who had very little sense of urgency about that game, being already locked into the 7th seed in the West. If the Blazers get past Brooklyn, they may be playing Phoenix. I don't see that match-up going well for the Blazers. They might be more one-dimensional now than they were when they got swept by Jrue and the Pelicans.
What are you talking about, Dallas was fighting for the 6 seed. Smh on your takes.
Does seeding really matter? There's no home court advantage. To make the Finals, they'd likely have to go through the Clippers anyway, so who cares if it's round 1 or round 2. I think teams that have a secured spot in the top 8 are essentially just treating this as a preseason. That's why teams like the Suns are picking up wins left and right.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

pudgejeff wrote:
Is there actually anything of note in your post to respond to? I mean, is there ever more than just the same lurk-and-snipe routine? Just wondering.

I guess the sense of urgency thing is an arguable point. My point wasn't about seeding as much as that Dallas is already in the playoffs, and the Blazers aren't. I can't speak to how much it matters to them whether they play the Clippers or the Nuggets. As for the minutes, you can see that Lillard played over 41 and McCollum, bad back and all, had over 38, while Doncic and Porzingis both played around 35 each. So instead of posting like a donkey, maybe you could just explain why that isn't evidence that they didn't have the same sense of urgency that the Blazers had. I dunno, mix it up a little and try actually adding to the conversation.

Brooklyn has won 5 out of the last 6, and I think that as many minutes as Lillard has been playing, it will be hard for him to come out again and drop 60. I guess we'll see who is right in the morning.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Leading by 6 at half, trailing by 7 to enter the 4th against the Nets.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Duck07 wrote:Leading by 6 at half, trailing by 7 to enter the 4th against the Nets.

You were right, 3rd quarters are where they blow it. They started the 4th well though, and Lillard is shooting well, so hopefully they can get the lead again. It's too bad nobody can play any perimeter defense.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Haha, just when I bemoan the lack of defense, Lillard comes up with a huge steal, and they get a 4-point lead. Just gotta hold it now.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Blazers pull out the 1-point victory and get the 8th seed. Thanks to Dillon Brooks's monster game earlier, Blazers dodged the Suns and get the Grizzlies. That seems like a positive.