NBA Players Boycotting Games

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

NBA Players Boycotting Games

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Bucks, Thunder, and Rockets are boycotting their games due to the Jacob Blake shooting, and the expectation is that the Lakers and Blazers will as well. 2020 can't get anymore wild. I am avoiding the NBA after they decided to add "Black Lives Matters" to the court, glad I did. Personally, this is way too political.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Re: NBA Players Boycotting Games

Post by Everythingsducky »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Bucks, Thunder, and Rockets are boycotting their games due to the Jacob Blake shooting, and the expectation is that the Lakers and Blazers will as well. 2020 can't get anymore wild. I am avoiding the NBA after they decided to add "Black Lives Matters" to the court, glad I did. Personally, this is way too political.
Yep, they did. I’m not watching another game, NBA show, not clicking on any NBA story, not purchasing anything that furthers that league. They lost my business, for good.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

So proud of the NBA. So proud of the Bucks players for having the guts to take this step.

It's time for angry and privileged white people to stop bitching and start listening. Time for white people to unlatch themselves from their political teets and just LISTEN to what black and brown Americans have been trying for years to tell them.

Seriously, just turn on ESPN and listen to what this means for people who aren't white.
This has nothing to do with politics, and everything to do with your humanity and the evil of racism.
YES. THANK YOU.
Last edited by pezsez1 on Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Bucks, Thunder, and Rockets are boycotting their games due to the Jacob Blake shooting, and the expectation is that the Lakers and Blazers will as well. 2020 can't get anymore wild. I am avoiding the NBA after they decided to add "Black Lives Matters" to the court, glad I did. Personally, this is way too political.
This has nothing to do with politics, and everything to do with your humanity and the evil of racism. Unarmed black men and women are being murdered left and right by police officers. Look at the stats!!!! How is that political? Or do you think that it's not worth the time to stand up for black people being murdered? Is that why you are against black people and think that death of black men is a "political"? You standing against black lives just goes to show that racism is still prevalent in our society.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
This has nothing to do with politics, and everything to do with your humanity and the evil of racism. Unarmed black men and women are being murdered left and right by police officers. Look at the stats!!!! How is that political? Or do you think that it's not worth the time to stand up for black people being murdered? Is that why you are against black people and think that death of black men is a "political"? You standing against black lives just goes to show that racism is still prevalent in our society.
Geez, did you just call him a racist?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

So boycotting because of this?

"Police scanner audio recorded on 23 Aug. 2020 in Kenosha, Wis. indicates a woman called 911 to report Jacob Blake was at her home and wasn’t supposed to be, and had stolen her keys. Responding police were made aware of Blake’s arrest warrant. Court records show a warrant was issued for a felony sex crime charge and more. Blake brawled with cops before reaching inside his car and was shot. He also has a history of assaulting police and violently resisting arrest. Blake survived the shooting but the incident has sparked mass BLM-inspired deadly violence in Kenosha."

Also: In 2015, Jacob Blake was charged with resisting arrest causing a soft tissue injury to a police officer while pulling a gun at the bar for which he was facing up to 8-1/2 years in prison.

0 to do with race, everything to do with a criminal behaving criminally towards cop. Who dares resist arrest with a warrant when they are responding to a domestic violence call (Which he has a history of). Shame on Blake for starting a physical altercation with the police and then having the audacity to go into a car to resist them.

If anyone doesn't believe this shooting is justified, then.. :roll:

The only argument you may have is why 7 shots?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
Hundreds, if not thousands, of unarmed black men are being murdered and we have the audacity to label it as "political". If we were around during WWII, when the Jews were being murdered, would we call it a "politcal issue"? SHEESH! Whether someone is a racist or not, is not up to me. They must do their own self-reflection.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pezsez1 wrote:So proud of the NBA. So proud of the Bucks players for having the guts to take this step.

It's time for angry and privileged white people to stop bitching and start listening. Time for white people to unlatch themselves from their political teets and just LISTEN to what black and brown Americans have been trying for years to tell them.

Seriously, just turn on ESPN and listen to what this means for people who aren't white.
This has nothing to do with politics, and everything to do with your humanity and the evil of racism.
YES. THANK YOU.
What guts? Isn't it more gutsy to be like Jonathan Isaac and to take a stance in the extreme minority? Taking the popular route isn't gutsy. Going along with the media, Hollywood, sports, and social media is pretty easy actually. It's also really easy when you make a lot of money and are rich and famous. No guts in that bro.

Let's follow the BLM agenda, which doesn't even mention black men in their website statement. In fact, it speaks against black men, and wants to destroy the nuclear family led by a black male. Yet didn't Don Lemon say that BLM is really only about police brutality against black men? I'm confused, my friend. Kevin's perspective on the situation:

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
Hundreds, if not thousands, of unarmed black men are being murdered and we have the audacity to label it as "political". If we were around during WWII, when the Jews were being murdered, would we call it a "politcal issue"? SHEESH! Whether someone is a racist or not, is not up to me. They must do their own self-reflection.

This isn't the place for this BS. Calling someone racist is about the worst thing you can call them.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

On a side note, are we sure they aren't boycotting playoffs cuz ratings are down 40%?

Sure it's on during the day, but march madness is on during the day and does pretty great.

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

First, what you just did is something I see so many white people do whenever this kind of thing happens. And, honest, I used to do the same thing. When the "hands up!" Ferguson shooting happened, I made all kinds of excuses for police that allowed me to ignore the actual problem -- that black men and boys are significantly more likely to be murdered by police in this country.

"But he had a record!" "But he didn't comply!" "But blah blah blah!"

Again, you're not listening.

No, the boycott isn't happening because of this one additional shooting.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pezsez1 wrote:
First, what you just did is something I see so many white people do whenever this kind of thing happens. And, honest, I used to do the same thing. When the "hands up!" Ferguson shooting happened, I made all kinds of excuses for police that allowed me to ignore the actual problem -- that black men and boys are significantly more likely to be murdered by police in this country.

"But he had a record!" "But he didn't comply!" "But blah blah blah!"

Again, you're not listening.

No, the boycott isn't happening because of this one additional shooting.
But when it happens to a white guy, I would say the extra same thing. I'm Iranian bro. I don't care if they are black or white. Lol.

Why is that bad for me to judge a person by their character? And if they get physical with police, with a warranty, with multiple felony records, and the call was initiated by a woman because he was domestically terrorizing her, why can't I take the other side?

Don't call the police if you don't want em. Most of these situations are police responding to calls, not just your average pull overs. People need to quit calling police.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I will continue to call the police, despite having the appearance of a terrorist with a huge beard. I'm not afraid of them. At TSA, pull me aside because half my family is muslim, I don't care. My people make up like 99% of terrorists. I understand it makes sense that I'm profiled. It's SMART.

I get upset at other Muslims who do terrorists attacks for putting me in a situation where authorities, particularly those in travel/border areas now have to profile me. It's not their fault. They are trying to protect the people here. I respect that.

And guess what, when I answer questions about my mother or my background, I COMPLY. It all goes fine. Amazing what happens when you don't physically assault people put in authority. I respect our authorities.

So when a cop pulls over an Indian person in West Linn OR, it makes sense that they aren't as afraid. Demographics for indians and crime in that area is as low as can be. But if you pull over someone that looks like me, in a high crime area. Dang right, they have every right to assume I will do something sketchy. And to help them with their ridiculously hard job, I comply. I obey.

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

But when it happens to a white guy, I would say the extra same thing. I'm Iranian bro. I don't care if they are black or white. Lol.
Again, you're literally not listening.

I won't try to speak to the Iranian-American experience. But I can definitely say that, as a white guy, I have never been afraid of being shot dead by police during a routine traffic stop. On the contrary, I've been pulled over maybe six times and talked myself out of any kind of punishment all but once.

Now is a great time to turn on ESPN and literally listen to what prominent African Americans are trying to help us understand.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
Except that number is not even close to actual number. Based on the 2019 FBI stats, there were 13 unarmed black men killed by police. More unarmed black men are killed by other black men than cops. Maybe it's time the black community does some soul-searching to solve issues being largely caused by themselves.