Of course we want LSU over 'Bama Sat. 12:30 CBS

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Phalanx
Senior

Re: Of course we want LSU over 'Bama Sat. 12:30 CBS

Post by Phalanx »

Nice win by LSU. I was surprised by how bad both defenses were. It made for a more entertaining game than usual in the SEC.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

I can already see Alabama ranked 4 and LSU 1. “Well they’re obviously the two best teams and we have to have the rematch?” :roll:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

Phalanx wrote:Nice win by LSU. I was surprised by how bad both defenses were. It made for a more entertaining game than usual in the SEC.
You forgot this is the SEC; their offenses were just that good! ;)
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

Congrats, Bud! You have an outstanding team!
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

BUD, FTW!

Orgeron looked like a proud grandpa in his post game interview.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

I love Coach O, this could be a storybook year for him and the team. I really want them to play Ohio State some point so Joe can get a little revenge
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Bud Lee wrote:I love Coach O, this could be a storybook year for him and the team. I really want them to play Ohio State some point so Joe can get a little revenge
He had a situation at USC, like Cristobal, players loved him, but USC didn't.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Merganzer wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Burrow is amazing. I’d definitely take him before Herbert.
Could not agree more. This one should wrap up the Heisman and shoot him up the Draft Chart.
Imagine how good herbert would look if he was willing to rush once in a while like burrow does.

Tua was more like herbert today, none rushing threat to account for. The lsu offense looked very good and they have a stud rb, but if tua was healthy the outcome could have been very different. None the less, i was quite happy to see sabans frustration and not have to seen that stupid smirk on his face throughout the game.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

alxtw wrote:
Merganzer wrote:
Could not agree more. This one should wrap up the Heisman and shoot him up the Draft Chart.
Imagine how good herbert would look if he was willing to rush once in a while like burrow does.

Tua was more like herbert today, none rushing threat to account for. The lsu offense looked very good and they have a stud rb, but if tua was healthy the outcome could have been very different. None the less, i was quite happy to see sabans frustration and not have to seen that stupid smirk on his face throughout the game.
I didn't watch the game, but I keep seeing the "Tua was injured" narrative. Looking at the box score, I see a pretty good performance by That, but they simply couldn't stop LSU. Doesn't match the narrative, so could someone fill me in? Was he visibly injured?
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Was a good college game. The mighty sec defense was non existent. I, for one, don’t mind saban...dude is great at what he does. I can’t stand Georgia.. work with a die hard Georgia fan and he said 3 of the 4 playoff teams should be sec. I try to get along with everyone but man some sec fans are fn delusional.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

StevensTechU wrote:
alxtw wrote:
Merganzer wrote:

I didn't watch the game, but I keep seeing the "Tua was injured" narrative. Looking at the box score, I see a pretty good performance by That, but they simply couldn't stop LSU. Doesn't match the narrative, so could someone fill me in? Was he visibly injured?
By this time in the season, what player is going to be 100%? His fumble had nothing to do with his injury, and at halftime, Saban said flat out that their performance, or lack thereof, had nothing to do with Tua's condition.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

StevensTechU wrote:
alxtw wrote:
Merganzer wrote:

He was rusty in the first half. It could have been due to his time away from practicing, as he looked alot sharper as the game progressed into the second half. He walked off the field after the game with a limp in his stride. Hence, he was not a threat in the rushing game or as mobile as he usually is.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

nogerO wrote:I can already see Alabama ranked 4 and LSU 1. “Well they’re obviously the two best teams and we have to have the rematch?” :roll:
I think they will be ranked 4th tonight but that is their ceiling. As the season goes on they will drop even if they win out. My guess is the poll tonight will mirror the AP