buckmarkduck
All-American

Chase Young

Post by buckmarkduck »

Merganzer
Senior

Re: Chase Young

Post by Merganzer »

Most likely won't matter against Maryland, and I think that tOSU will be finished, "looking into" the issue by next week and Penn State.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Merganzer wrote:Most likely won't matter against Maryland, and I think that tOSU will be finished, "looking into" the issue by next week and Penn State.
Yup... 1 game suspension vs Maryland, then suddenly pay back "the loan" + punitive fees to the NCAA (re: bribe to expedite the investigation), and VOILA'!

Much easier than the complications involved with the clearing the transfer of of say, a Sedona Prince would be...

In Young's own words:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ly-friend/

Unfortunately for Young, when your chosen career is football, you don’t get to shop your services on the free market. First you have to go through a three-year NCAA apprenticeship, and if you take a penny from any outside source, you’re in trouble.

That’s what Young says happened, and why he’s sidelined for tomorrow’s game against Maryland.

“Unfortunately, I won’t be playing this week because of an NCAA eligibility issue,” Young said in a statement. “I made a mistake last year by accepting a loan from a family friend I’ve known since the summer before my freshman year at OSU. I repaid it in full last summer and I’m working with the University and the NCAA to get back on the field as soon as possible.”

Really?

WOW! I'm sure the NCAA will have no trouble sorting this one out.

Such a poor, misunderstood young man. Misled in the ignorance of his underprivileged youth, I'm sure!

Those sneaky agents!

"In the NCAA, he gets only the value of his Ohio State scholarship, and he gets to have the NCAA scrutinize his private life for any sign that he might have made any money anywhere else."
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/statu ... 57088?s=19

Whoops again.

Filed to CBS Sports: By tweeting he accepted a loan from "family friend", Chase Young made it a layered compliance issue. CY will have to prove there was a pre-existing relationship with that person that had nothing to do with athletics. If not, vacation of wins could be on table
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Unless it means vacating enough wins right now so they wouldn't qualify for the CFP, vacating wins is the emptiest penalty there is.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Merganzer wrote:Unless it means vacating enough wins right now so they wouldn't qualify for the CFP, vacating wins is the emptiest penalty there is.
On the radio, it was suggested by Jim Rome's stand-in that the "close family friend" was also a certified agent... If that is actually the case, especially since the relationship came into being int the summer prior to Young's freshman season, things could get interesting.

BTW, does anyone have this "CFF's" contact info?

Everybody needs un-self motivated friends like that!

Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

The media is working overtime to spin this in tOSU's favor.

Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

woundedknees wrote:The media is working overtime to spin this in tOSU's favor.
Big time. Herbie was just on telling us how Chase was a great kid. This week it's Maryland, next it's Rutgers. I don't know? is there any way that this gets settled in time for games against Penn State and Michigan? (cough}
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Merganzer wrote:
Big time. Herbie was just on telling us how Chase was a great kid. This week it's Maryland, next it's Rutgers. I don't know? is there any way that this gets settled in time for games against Penn State and Michigan? (cough}
Herb also said he feels he will be out for four games due to the amount of money loaned, this by ncaa guidelines. Will it be dealt with fast and fairly........... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Alan wrote:
Merganzer wrote:
Herb also said he feels he will be out for four games due to the amount of money loaned, this by ncaa guidelines. Will it be dealt with fast and fairly........... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Does tOSU get to choose the games?

Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Perspective time. Some are saying that a 2 game suspension, missing games against Maryland & Rutgers, but back in time for Penn State & Michigan, is best, for college football overall; or is it tOSU, just getting a 2 game bye for their best player?
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Merganzer wrote:Perspective time. Some are saying that a 2 game suspension, missing games against Maryland & Rutgers, but back in time for Penn State & Michigan, is best, for college football overall; or is it tOSU, just getting a 2 game bye for their best player?
I know there'a no bias, but doesn't it seem odd that Oregon is still waiting for new students to be vetted, while a relatively "major" compliance issue blazes through the process at warp speed?

(Tongue firmly bitten and lodged in cheek... !"

nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

woundedknees wrote:
Merganzer wrote:Perspective time. Some are saying that a 2 game suspension, missing games against Maryland & Rutgers, but back in time for Penn State & Michigan, is best, for college football overall; or is it tOSU, just getting a 2 game bye for their best player?
I know there'a no bias, but doesn't it seem odd that Oregon is still waiting for new students to be vetted, while a relatively "major" compliance issue blazes through the process at warp speed?

(Tongue firmly bitten and lodged in cheek... !"
It's run by a gawd damned huskie! But I'm sure :roll: that will not factor in it at all...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine