Are we going to the playoffs?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

betty white
Two Star Recruit

Are we going to the playoffs?

Post by betty white »

Dunno but follow this handy dandy link to stay on top of all the chaos. Hopefully I did this right.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... edictions/
woundedknees
All-American

Re: Are we going to the playoffs?

Post by woundedknees »

betty white wrote:Dunno but follow this handy dandy link to stay on top of all the chaos. Hopefully I did this right.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... edictions/
Thanks... It works!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Cool link there. Basically if Oregon wins out and barring too much craziness around them, they should make the playoffs.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

greenyellow wrote:Cool link there. Basically if Oregon wins out and barring too much craziness around them, they should make the playoffs.
Actually, from what I could tell, Oregon would be on the outside looking in if everything plays out the way it should
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

No
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

squintsdd wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Cool link there. Basically if Oregon wins out and barring too much craziness around them, they should make the playoffs.
Actually, from what I could tell, Oregon would be on the outside looking in if everything plays out the way it should
Yep, which I’m OK with. I watched that Bama-LSU game and thought there’s a very little chance Oregon could beat that LSU team in a neutral site game. LSU looked really good to me. Besides, Oregon choked away their only statement game against a mediocre SEC team and we should live with that. I’m just hoping for a Rose Bowl win, especially if it’s against a good team. A 13-1 season with PAC-12 and Rose Bowl championships would be huge for Mario with rebuilding this program.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
squintsdd wrote:
Yep, which I’m OK with. I watched that Bama-LSU game and thought there’s a very little chance Oregon could beat that LSU team in a neutral site game. LSU looked really good to me. Besides, Oregon choked away their only statement game against a mediocre SEC team and we should live with that. I’m just hoping for a Rose Bowl win, especially if it’s against a good team. A 13-1 season with PAC-12 and Rose Bowl championships would be huge for Mario with rebuilding this program.
LSU beat that mediocre SEC team by 3 at home. LSU is very good, but I’m starting to think Oregon could hang in there. I think Clemson and Ohio St. are better than them.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

So I am curious. If Oregon wins out and does not make the playoff, who does Oregon play in the Rose Bowl. This is assuming Ohio State wins out as well. Would the rose bowl go with The best team out of Penn State, Wisconsin, Minnesota? If so which team has the edge right now?
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:So I am curious. If Oregon wins out and does not make the playoff, who does Oregon play in the Rose Bowl. This is assuming Ohio State wins out as well. Would the rose bowl go with The best team out of Penn State, Wisconsin, Minnesota? If so which team has the edge right now?
If the champion from either conference goes to the playoffs the rose bowl can select any eligible team from the 2 conferences, 1 from each. Normally they would select the next best team, but we all know it's about money
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Minnesota still has to play Iowa and Wisconsin before the Big10 title game. Presumably they will lose one of those and then again to Ohio St.
I personally think a 1 loss Penn St is most likely to fill in for an undefeated playoff bound Ohio St
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I have to admit, as much as I would like to see the ducks in the playoffs, a rematch with Penn State in the Rose Bowl would be cool. I'd love to see Oregon get some revenge for that drubbing we took in '95.
RebelDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by RebelDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
squintsdd wrote:
Didn’t know Auburn is just mediocre...
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

RebelDuck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
squintsdd wrote:
Within the SEC conference they are mediocre and middle of the road.
RebelDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by RebelDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
RebelDuck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
squintsdd wrote:
Within the SEC conference they are mediocre and middle of the road.
Ranked 11th in the country and 5th out of 14 teams in the SEC. Not what I would call mediocre but I guess opinions vary.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

AU is far from mediocre. It would not surprise me if they win out and beat Georgia and Bama in the process.