Coaching Carousel

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Coaching Carousel

Post by Phenom »

greenyellow wrote:Looks like Washington is hiring Jaguars OC John Donovan to be their new OC. He was previously at Penn State, where he got fired due to poor playcalling and player development and replaced by Joe Moorhead.
He wasn’t OC with the Jags, he was the assistant RB Coach lol
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

They Coug'd it.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Horrible hire by uw. Love it.

On Leach leaving the Pac-12, I don't buy that it's bad for the Pac-12. What's good for the Pac-12 is when member schools win big out of conference games, not when they simply create turmoil within the conference. What has been WSU's biggest out of conference wins of the Leach era?

2019- No P5 preseason games. Bowl- L against Air Force
2018- No P5 preseason games. Bowl- W against Iowa State
2017- No P5 preseason games. Bowl- L to Michigan State
2016- No P5 preseason games (Losses to Eastern Washington and Boise State). Bowl- Loss to Minnesota
2015- W against Rutgers. Bowl- W again Miami.
2014- L to Rutgers, L to Nevada. No bowl game.
2013- L to Auburn. Bowl- L to Colorado State.
2012- L to BYU. No bowl game.

Leach was a headache who did nothing for the conference when playing out of conference foes. One could argue he did more damage than good for the conference. Here's to him doing the same in the Southeastern Conference!
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

It seemed like Lake's first choice was Kellen Moore and when that didn't work out, he may have struck out with a few others and now he has made a panic or settle decision. I guess one never knows how these things will work out, but it seems like a great hire. For the Ducks, I mean.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

StevensTechU wrote:Horrible hire by uw. Love it.

On Leach leaving the Pac-12, I don't buy that it's bad for the Pac-12. What's good for the Pac-12 is when member schools win big out of conference games, not when they simply create turmoil within the conference. What has been WSU's biggest out of conference wins of the Leach era?

2016- No P5 preseason games (Losses to Eastern Washington and Boise State). Bowl- Loss to Minnesota

Leach was a headache who did nothing for the conference when playing out of conference foes. One could argue he did more damage than good for the conference. Here's to him doing the same in the Southeastern Conference!
Thanks for the recap. I had no idea his record was that bad.
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

maxduck wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:Horrible hire by uw. Love it.

Thanks for the recap. I had no idea his record was that bad.
As 'Bad' as he was, he found a way to beat the Ducks 4 of the past 5 years (Or the ducks found ways to lose).
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

The staff coming together at UNLV has been interesting, if not awkward. There have now been two coaches who were reported to be on the new staff, only to go back to the program they were already with. Kasey Dunn was leaving Okie State to be OC until he wasn't, and now Mike McHugh will go back to Fresno State after reportedly accepting a position at UNLV. Odd.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

StevensTechU wrote:The staff coming together at UNLV has been interesting, if not awkward. There have now been two coaches who were reported to be on the new staff, only to go back to the program they were already with. Kasey Dunn was leaving Okie State to be OC until he wasn't, and now Mike McHugh will go back to Fresno State after reportedly accepting a position at UNLV. Odd.

UNLV offers being used for raises.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

Wilcox bringing in an interesting staff at Cal
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like Hawaii HC Nick Rolovich will be the new HC at Wazzu:
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

greenyellow wrote:Looks like Hawaii HC Nick Rolovich will be the new HC at Wazzu:
Woah. I wonder if this means we'll see the run and shoot?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

wepto wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Looks like Hawaii HC Nick Rolovich will be the new HC at Wazzu:
Woah. I wonder if this means we'll see the run and shoot?
We likely will. It should sort of fit with the personnel they've got but it'll be slightly different.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

LSU is losing Joe Brady to the Carolina Panthers, where he'll be their new OC:
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

greenyellow wrote:LSU is losing Joe Brady to the Carolina Panthers, where he'll be their new OC:
The suspected trickle down effect is that Munoz, a rumored candidate for Oregon's OC, could get a promotion on the LSU staff. Additionally, some think Moorhead may get offered a position on Brady's staff at Carolina.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I wonder how much of a Poly pull he will have? Hawaii has to be an easier recruiting area than Pullman, it didn’t take the Cougs long to replace the Pirate.