Rank the Top 5

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

droop10
Five Star Recruit

Re: Rank the Top 5

Post by droop10 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Bruce Feldman and Stewart mandel both said on their podcast that the Pac-12 shouldn’t be considered with only 7 games played.

I think until we are 5 games in we won’t even be looked at. Fear mongering and our lackadaisical conference could do us in this year. And I don’t blame voters. Realistically, a 9-1 Georgia is probably more deserving than a 7-0 Oregon.
I may be in the minority here, but I don't want Oregon to win it this year, so I'd be perfectly fine being left out. If they had won a National Championship before, I'd view it differently, but I don't want the first one to be in this janky season. Also, selfishly I want to be in attendance when they do win that first one, which likely wouldn't be possible this year. That being said, had they played a full conference schedule, I might have felt differently.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Bruce Feldman and Stewart mandel both said on their podcast that the Pac-12 shouldn’t be considered with only 7 games played.

I think until we are 5 games in we won’t even be looked at. Fear mongering and our lackadaisical conference could do us in this year. And I don’t blame voters. Realistically, a 9-1 Georgia is probably more deserving than a 7-0 Oregon.
How badly would that affect recruiting for Pac-12 teams, which outside of Oregon are already vastly underperforming? Would you rather go to a conference that wants to compete regardless and have a chance at a national championship? Or an elitist conference that thinks they are trend setters when in reality they're a laughing stock? It really is miraculous the success Cristobal is having with recruiting with Larry Scott doing everything in his power to hurt the Pac-12.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

droop10 wrote:

I may be in the minority here, but I don't want Oregon to win it this year, so I'd be perfectly fine being left out. If they had won a National Championship before, I'd view it differently, but I don't want the first one to be in this janky season. Also, selfishly I want to be in attendance when they do win that first one, which likely wouldn't be possible this year. That being said, had they played a full conference schedule, I might have felt differently.
Why not both? It's okay to get a little greedy!
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Winning begets winning. Winning it this year improves the chances of seeing one in person another year.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

StevensTechU wrote:Winning begets winning. Winning it this year improves the chances of seeing one in person another year.
Eh, but you never forget your first! Nobody is going to count this championship, especially if a team wins it that had a 7 game regular season. I don’t think we have to worry about it though. I don’t see this team winning it all. Next year’s team certainly has the potential.