Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Scott Frost under investigation for NCAA violations

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... eport-says

Looks like he was getting desperate.

Or…
Perhaps Nebraska self reported in hopes of voiding his $20 million buyout and firing him with cause.
duckfan22
Senior

Re: Scott Frost under investigation for NCAA violations

Post by duckfan22 »

looks like boy wonder has a problem and may soon be looking for work...
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

It's amazing how these guys (Frost, Chip, Slick Willie) had such high stock as Ducks and have struggled so mightily elsewhere.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

StevensTechU wrote:It's amazing how these guys (Frost, Chip, Slick Willie) had such high stock as Ducks and have struggled so mightily elsewhere.
While we complain about the Oregon fan base, to me this speaks volumes about the quality program Oregon has, fans included. Unlike other places, most of our fans are patient and understand growing pains and the occasional 8-4 season. Other unstable programs put unrealistic pressure on coaches and they aren’t able to perform as well. Oregon is certainly a great destination for any quality coach and hopefully Mario is the first one since Belotti to realize that.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I think it also speaks to how we have an Uncle Phil and really good AD, and others don't.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

StevensTechU wrote:It's amazing how these guys (Frost, Chip, Slick Willie) had such high stock as Ducks and have struggled so mightily elsewhere.
Chip is the only one that surprises me at UCLA but then the roster he inherited at Oregon vs the one at UCLA was also worlds apart. We'll see on Saturday against Hawaii if he finally has a team together.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

StevensTechU wrote:I think it also speaks to how we have an Uncle Phil and really good AD, and others don't.
I meant to mention Mullens but forgot, no doubt he’s a quality and level headed AD.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:I think it also speaks to how we have an Uncle Phil and really good AD, and others don't.
I meant to mention Mullens but forgot, no doubt he’s a quality and level headed AD.
I know Nike deserves a lot of credit, but as a fan of Duck sports for more than 40 years it still just blows my mind the evolution and success of so many of the Oregon sports programs under Mullens' watch.

Women's BB
Women's VB
Women's SB
Men's Golf (national championship I think)
Men's BB
Continued success of T&F for both men and women (so many championships)
Of course FB's continued rise and success

I'm sure I'm missing some but the state of Oregon athletics is just incredible
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck07 wrote:
Chip is the only one that surprises me at UCLA but then the roster he inherited at Oregon vs the one at UCLA was also worlds apart. We'll see on Saturday against Hawaii if he finally has a team together.
Chip still has no QB. His lackluster recruiting is killing him. If he was half as good as Mario in recruiting, he would have Young or Stroud starting for UCLA.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Scott Frost is on a rapidly warming seat in Lincoln...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

nogerO wrote:Scott Frost is on a rapidly warming seat in Lincoln...
That loss to Illinois might have sealed his fate after this season unless he drastically turns things around.

Nebraska is a hot mess.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Anything short of winning the division after that clunker, and he's definitely gone. At this point, he's lowered the talent level in Lincoln so much that I feel bad for whoever how replacement will be.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Actually, Frost was very successful at UCF. Willie did very well at South Florida and Western Kentucky. Even Chip had a winning record at Philly, he just wasn't a good GM.
John 3:36
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

SuperDuck wrote:
Actually, Frost was very successful at UCF. Willie did very well at South Florida and Western Kentucky. Even Chip had a winning record at Philly, he just wasn't a good GM.
Willie doing "very well" is an overstatement. He did better than the previous coaching staffs, but the only school he actually had a overall winning record at was Oregon, and even that was an underwhelming 7 - 5
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Marcus Arroyo about to be investigated for fraud as he's masquerading as a HC right now losing to EWU.