Nick Rolovich

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Nick Rolovich

Post by dd10snoop28 »

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2021/ ... ines-to-c/

Discuss. Asked 20 times if he has been vax'ed or not by the media. Fair? Not fair?
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Nick Rolovich

Post by StevensTechU »

Kind of over discussing vaccinations.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

StevensTechU wrote:Kind of over discussing vaccinations.
I agree. Bored of the media asking every individual player or staff member if they are vaccinated. Quite frankly, I don’t care. I don’t need an ESPN headline for every single person that mentions they are hesitant about the vaccine. I guess bored is the wrong word, because quite frankly I didn’t really care for it from the start.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

StevensTechU wrote:Kind of over discussing vaccinations.
Agree.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
jBeavertonduck
Two Star Recruit

Post by jBeavertonduck »

Why aren't they asking him about his last visit to the Proctologist or his wife's last Pap Smear? Oh, that's right, it's a private matter between a doctor and his patient.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I know a WSU fan that’s livid over Rolovich and calls him childish for not responding to the media and wants him fired, I simply don’t understand this self righteous viewpoint towards those who are making a personal choice regarding the vaccine. I’ve actually been quite impressed with Rolovich for keeping his calm and not verbally attacking the reporters back. But it’s scary to me to see such a large group buy this idea that making a personal choice regarding an unproven and rushed vaccine is somehow morally inferior and deserve to face public scrutiny and repercussions. This country is headed in a bad direction if people are so easily manipulated by corrupt and power/money seeking politicians.
Last edited by OregonFan4Life on Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I don't care what coin your are on for vaccines or against. But the mandatory and 'do it or your fired' attitude is baffling.

If it were my way. I'd do the opposite, anyone who is old or immune compromised, stay home. Government help fund them. Anyone who is afraid to go to work or public, stay home. Everyone else, operate as normal.

We have it backwards, ha!

Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

While he has Hipa laws backing him up, Rolovich is digging a hole with the fan base, payers, recruits and WSU administration, couple that with a bad football team and probably continued losses. Rolovich’s seat is already very hot.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Alan wrote:While he has Hipa laws backing him up, Rolovich is digging a hole with the fan base, payers, recruits and WSU administration, couple that with a bad football team and probably continued losses. Rolovich’s seat is already very hot.
I was gonna say, I think his coaching is the problem right now, not vaccination status. :lol:

Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

Watch somehow they will beat us and all will be forgiven.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

What happened to my body, my choice? HIPPA laws?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

nogerO wrote:What happened to my body, my choice? HIPPA laws?
He has the right not to answer, he has the right to not get the Covid vaccine, if Washington state requires all employees to get the vaccine then the state has the right to fire him. Just as other entities have the right to mandate dress codes, hair codes, drug and alcohol codes, etc…… and they have the right to protect other employees as they deem necessary……. Enter can of worms…..
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Alan wrote:
nogerO wrote:What happened to my body, my choice? HIPPA laws?
He has the right not to answer, he has the right to not get the Covid vaccine, if Washington state requires all employees to get the vaccine then the state has the right to fire him. Just as other entities have the right to mandate dress codes, hair codes, drug and alcohol codes, etc…… and they have the right to protect other employees as they deem necessary……. Enter can of worms…..
Well, all the things that you mentioned would directly impact an employee's performance. I don't see his performance dwindling because of getting an experimental therapeutic; more likely the opposite. Additionally none of the things you mentioned would require said individual to put something inside their body.

Both key distinctions.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

Alan a few years ago I would of agreed with you but if you watch the courts most of what you said they could fire you for has been stripped away. Dress codes... nope, Political statement pin/clothes... nope, drug or alcohol ( on company time yes on personal time fading fast) Tattoos ... nope, It's getting harder and harder to terminate anyone for any reason even in an "at will" state like Oregon. Even if you make it through the government rule maze you often face a lawsuit anyway. As for the shot, I think the courts will shoot it down quickly regardless of which side anyone is on.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Quietduck wrote:Alan a few years ago I would of agreed with you but if you watch the courts most of what you said they could fire you for has been stripped away. Dress codes... nope, Political statement pin/clothes... nope, drug or alcohol ( on company time yes on personal time fading fast) Tattoos ... nope, It's getting harder and harder to terminate anyone for any reason even in an "at will" state like Oregon. Even if you make it through the government rule maze you often face a lawsuit anyway. As for the shot, I think the courts will shoot it down quickly regardless of which side anyone is on.
Unlikely they'd shut it down. While your statement about being harder to terminate in "at-will" states is true, this doesn't apply to the experimental therapeutics that are being required. SCOTUS has already ruled a couple of times that private/public employers can make it a requirement of employment. The only exception to this is religious exemption where federal court said NYC could not remove the religious exemption. However, it's just a matter of time before that gets overriden.