Nick Rolovich

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Re: Nick Rolovich

Post by dd10snoop28 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:We’ve absolutely lost the plot as a country. While I disagree with snoops case for it being a modern day equivalent of racial segregation, the derogatory rhetoric and punitive measures directed at the unvaccinated is disturbing, and so transparently mean-spirited.

I’m vaccinated, and have encouraged any of my friends or family that are worried about getting Covid to get the jab, but the belief of the über pro-vax crowd that the vaccine is a cure all but also the unvaccinated are putting us all at risk is some serious cognitive dissonance. At this point, the vaccine is readily available to anyone who wants it so anyone without it has made a decision to take a calculated risk, which is their right. The data shows (obviously it could be being manipulated but I don’t have evidence of that at the moment), as well as my personal experience, that it’s almost entirely the unvaccinated who are being hospitalized. I know quite a few people who’ve been hospitalized over the last few months and none were vaccinated. Those who were vaccinated and got Covid had very minor cases. So while it kills be to see my friends ending up in ICU when they could’ve just gotten vaccinated, it’s their right to make that choice. And I’m willing to fight and die for those rights to be maintained.

And seeing people like pez, who seem to be otherwise good-faith people, getting sucked into the vitriolic, resentful attitude towards their fellow citizens is especially frightening. I’m trying to stay away from drawing parallels to the extreme examples like Nazi Germany or racial segregation but it’s not hard to see how otherwise good people can be turned against their fellow human and ultimately dehumanize them.
While I don't agree with everything you said, I respect your perspective, and very much admire that you have the backs of the people who are being targeted for not being vaccinated (even though you are vaccinated).

"it’s their right to make that choice. And I’m willing to fight and die for those rights to be maintained. "

Love that.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:We’ve absolutely lost the plot as a country. While I disagree with snoops case for it being a modern day equivalent of racial segregation, the derogatory rhetoric and punitive measures directed at the unvaccinated is disturbing, and so transparently mean-spirited.

I’m vaccinated, and have encouraged any of my friends or family that are worried about getting Covid to get the jab, but the belief of the über pro-vax crowd that the vaccine is a cure all but also the unvaccinated are putting us all at risk is some serious cognitive dissonance. At this point, the vaccine is readily available to anyone who wants it so anyone without it has made a decision to take a calculated risk, which is their right. The data shows (obviously it could be being manipulated but I don’t have evidence of that at the moment), as well as my personal experience, that it’s almost entirely the unvaccinated who are being hospitalized. I know quite a few people who’ve been hospitalized over the last few months and none were vaccinated. Those who were vaccinated and got Covid had very minor cases. So while it kills be to see my friends ending up in ICU when they could’ve just gotten vaccinated, it’s their right to make that choice. And I’m willing to fight and die for those rights to be maintained.

And seeing people like pez, who seem to be otherwise good-faith people, getting sucked into the vitriolic, resentful attitude towards their fellow citizens is especially frightening. I’m trying to stay away from drawing parallels to the extreme examples like Nazi Germany or racial segregation but it’s not hard to see how otherwise good people can be turned against their fellow human and ultimately dehumanize them.
While I don't agree with everything you said, I respect your perspective, and very much admire that you have the backs of the people who are being targeted for not being vaccinated (even though you are vaccinated).

"it’s their right to make that choice. And I’m willing to fight and die for those rights to be maintained. "

Love that.
It’s just short sighted to not realize that the violation of anyone’s rights is a violation of all of our rights. Have the people who are gleeful over Biden’s vaccine mandates already forgotten that literally Hitler was just President? And could easily be President again? All these types of mandates and executive orders do is make it easier for the president that’s an actual tyrant to take everyone’s liberties. In other words, if you’re guy/gal in power can do it to the other tribe then their guy/gal can do it to your tribe when they’re in power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:

Love that.
It’s just short sighted to not realize that the violation of anyone’s rights is a violation of all of our rights. Have the people who are gleeful over Biden’s vaccine mandates already forgotten that literally Hitler was just President? And could easily be President again? All these types of mandates and executive orders do is make it easier for the president that’s an actual tyrant to take everyone’s liberties. In other words, if you’re guy/gal in power can do it to the other tribe then their guy/gal can do it to your tribe when they’re in power.

Trump governed based on what he promised. Biden is governing based on continual lies. He said he would not institute a mandate before and after the election, and where are we now? 100million America's jobs on the line because people put a person in power based on lies.

Your opinion of DJT is far off the mark so it's not worth getting into so that'll be all I say.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:

Love that.

Trump governed based on what he promised. Biden is governing based on continual lies. He said he would not institute a mandate before and after the election, and where are we now? 100million America's jobs on the line because people put a person in power based on lies.

Your opinion of DJT is far off the mark so it's not worth getting into so that'll be all I say.
I think you’re misunderstanding me. What I mean is many of the people who are fans of this vaccine mandate we’re probably also a part of the “Trump is literally Hitler” crowd. People who were terrified of what our government run by a “fascist president“ would do are now surrendering all sorts of liberties to that same government because the guy they like is charge now.

dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:

Love that.

I think you’re misunderstanding me. What I mean is many of the people who are fans of this vaccine mandate we’re probably also a part of the “Trump is literally Hitler” crowd. People who were terrified of what our government run by a “fascist president“ would do are now surrendering all sorts of liberties to that same government because the guy they like is charge now.

Ah, gotcha. Makes sense.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Draymond Green in a media interview:

The vaccine mandate “go[es] against everything America stands for”: “They say we live in the land of the free. Well, you’re not giving anyone freedom because you’re making people do something.”

This is interesting to me. I'm starting to notice a trend of a lot of public black figures taking a stand against the government authoritarianism we are seeing. It's doubly interesting because most of these black men/women have a left-leaning political affiliation. In fact, it seems like they are the only non-conservative group that are publicly taking a stand. Haven't seen any other groups saying what they are saying.

An observation.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:Draymond Green in a media interview:

The vaccine mandate “go[es] against everything America stands for”: “They say we live in the land of the free. Well, you’re not giving anyone freedom because you’re making people do something.”

This is interesting to me. I'm starting to notice a trend of a lot of public black figures taking a stand against the government authoritarianism we are seeing. It's doubly interesting because most of these black men/women have a left-leaning political affiliation. In fact, it seems like they are the only non-conservative group that are publicly taking a stand. Haven't seen any other groups saying what they are saying.

An observation.
this was made a while ago only I think the original said "far" on it.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Now Merck has a pill that could drastically help.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:UPDATE from NBA regarding the despised "unvaccinated":

-The second-class players will be subject to testing on any day that involves basketball activities or travel and can be tested multiple times on game days.
-The second-class players must quarantine if they come into close contact with someone who tests positive for the virus.
-NBA will not pay players for games missed
-Second-class players will not be able to eat meals with the team, nor be in the locker room at the same time

All in the name of "saving lives" even though most of the things mentioned above are not scientific in the least.

You remember when the Germans put "charity" in French on the sides of the trains that they used to transport Jews out of France? Master-marketing. Hope we do better than the French.
Update on this. Andrew Wiggins "decided" to get the vaccine. See some of his quotes in response to questions from the media:

“I feel like the only options [were] to get vaccinated or not play in the NBA,” He added, "I guess to do certain stuff -- to work and all that -- I guess you don't own your body. That's what it comes down to. You want to work in society today, then I guess they make the rules on what goes in your body and what you do."

Wiggins told reporters he's hopeful others don't feel as much pressure as he did to take the shots. "Hopefully there's a lot of people out there that are stronger than me and keep fighting and stand for what they believe," Wiggins said, "and hopefully it works out for them."
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

dd10snoop28 wrote: Update on this. Andrew Wiggins "decided" to get the vaccine. See some of his quotes in response to questions from the media:

“I feel like the only options [were] to get vaccinated or not play in the NBA,” He added, "I guess to do certain stuff -- to work and all that -- I guess you don't own your body. That's what it comes down to. You want to work in society today, then I guess they make the rules on what goes in your body and what you do."

Wiggins told reporters he's hopeful others don't feel as much pressure as he did to take the shots. "Hopefully there's a lot of people out there that are stronger than me and keep fighting and stand for what they believe," Wiggins said, "and hopefully it works out for them."
No, I'm sorry, just grudgingly getting the shot is not enough. He needs undergo conditioning until he loves the shot and is willing to be a missionary for it to the unwashed and unvaxxed.
He (Winston) gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Phalanx wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote: Update on this. Andrew Wiggins "decided" to get the vaccine. See some of his quotes in response to questions from the media:

No, I'm sorry, just grudgingly getting the shot is not enough. He needs undergo conditioning until he loves the shot and is willing to be a missionary for it to the unwashed and unvaxxed.
He (Winston) gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother
That book, and Animal Farm have always bugged me...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck07 wrote:

An observation.

Then you have the Norsefire Party.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote: And seeing people like pez, who seem to be otherwise good-faith people, getting sucked into the vitriolic, resentful attitude towards their fellow citizens is especially frightening. I’m trying to stay away from drawing parallels to the extreme examples like Nazi Germany or racial segregation but it’s not hard to see how otherwise good people can be turned against their fellow human and ultimately dehumanize them.
https://news.yahoo.com/woman-hits-being ... 36663.html

"A woman from Colorado has been denied a kidney transplant because he hasn’t been vaccinated against Covid-19. The new policy of the healthcare system UCHealth, based in Aurora, Colorado, states that a majority of transplant recipients, as well as living donors, have to be vaccinated, but neither the prospective recipient nor the donor, who met in bible study 10 months ago, have received the vaccine.

Prospective donor Jaimee Fougner told CBS 4 that the treatment choice of the recipient, Leilani Lutali, had been removed. 'It’s your choice on what treatment you have. In Leilani’s case, the choice has been taken from her. Her life has now been held hostage because of this mandate,' Ms Fougner said."

No comment even needed, but just as a reminder: a women at her age has a 1:8,123 chance of dying from COVID-19.

The mortality rate for those with stage 5 kidney disease over 5 year period? 1:1.5
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ "Follow the science".
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:

An observation.
I'm thinking the "Party!!! Party!!!" would be eminently more trustworthy and accountable than what we see in action right now...

Then you have the Norsefire Party.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!