Beavers Fall To WSU 31-24

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

SuperDuck
Senior

Beavers Fall To WSU 31-24

Post by SuperDuck »

Unbelievable.

They seem to be on that fence where they're losing games that they could or should, have, but find ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Seriously. They lose to WSU and Purdue - two very winnable games. They win those and they'd be leading the Pac-12 North and easily be ranked in the Top-20, maybe higher.

They're getting closer but they're just not quite there yet.

Ugly loss.
John 3:36
dthomas=ddixon

Re: Beavers Fall To WSU 31-24

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

The @ wazzu game after a big win seems to always be a legitimacy test for teams. The beavs failed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

SuperDuck wrote:Unbelievable.

They seem to be on that fence where they're losing games that they could or should, have, but find ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Seriously. They lose to WSU and Purdue - two very winnable games. They win those and they'd be leading the Pac-12 North and easily be ranked in the Top-20, maybe higher.

They're getting closer but they're just not quite there yet.

Ugly loss.
Pin this one on coaching. They were running it down WSU's throats all game, then at the end on around the 20 yard line with something like 1:30 left and 2 timeouts they went to passing only, which was not and is not their strength. But we did need them to lose, eh?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I listened to the game today while working and one thing that struck me was the 4th down throw from the punter that Mike Parker felt was clear and obvious Pass Interference. After the game they brought up being told that the rule is you can't have PI on a Punt and Smith mentioned it in his Press Conference. How can that be a rule that if the Punter throws a Pass there can't be PI? It wasn't a Punt, just because it was a Punt formation too.

And yes, they should have kept running the ball at the end.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Normally I would root for the Beavs in a game like this but since Oregon lost to Stanford they need all the help they can get in the North, so I’m glad the Cougs won.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I basically never root for the beavs unless they play UW. Great job WSU.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Screw the rodentia...they can lose every game except the fuskies forever as far as I'm concerned. "WE OWN THE STATE!" ring a bell?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I'm ambivalent towards the Beavs, even though their fans loathe Oregon.

As O4L said though, we want North mayhem so we can at least get a shot for the conference title / Rose Bowl.