Potential Coaching Openings In 2022

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

SuperDuck
Senior

Potential Coaching Openings In 2022

Post by SuperDuck »

I was just reading an article earlier that was talking about the possibility of James Franklin leaving Penn State for the USC job. That wouldn't surprise me, as it looks to be a good fit.

My next question is would Joe Moorehead take the Penn State job if offered? Under normal circumstances, I'd say 99.9% yes, but we don't know the extent of his health problems. It's possible that he may not coach next year at all. Of course, that's pure speculation.

Other jobs that may be open next year include Washington, WSU, Cal, possibly UCLA, Vanderbilt, Nebraska, possibly Florida, Purdue and more.

I think we're probably safe with DeyRuter at DC. I wouldn't be too disappointed at the loss of Morehead as long as they brought in someone capable and could work with MC to allow more flexibility on offense.

Thoughts?
Last edited by SuperDuck on Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John 3:36
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Potential Coaching Openings In 2022

Post by karlhungis »

Whatever would we do without this dynamic JoMo offense?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Honestly I doubt Joe Moorhead is going to be offered a HC gig. I could be wrong, but he seems like an OC to me, same with DeRuyter as just a DC. I also don't think that's a knock on them either.

The way things are going in Seattle the poodles need to make a move or risk the complacency that Jimmy Lake is giving them as the end of the season finish will be important for him.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I agree with Duck07, it’s likely Moorhead won’t be a HC again, he doesn’t seem like HC materiel. However I wish he would be offered a HC job as he’s never going to do enough to warrant being fired but I just don’t like his offensive scheme for Oregon in today’s football. He seems to run an offense that is suited for 3 stars, not 4 and 5 stars.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

If we lost a coach to a HC gig, I wonder if WSU would take Mastro as a head coach (or even as an OC)? Though that would worry me that he might poach Wilson as DC.