lmduck

Lake fires OC

Post by lmduck »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Lake fires OC

Post by StevensTechU »

Did I want them to keep the whole band together for another season? Yes, yes I did. Will I accept this because it means Jimmy Lake is almost assuredly coming back next year? Yes, yes I will.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

It was building, but last night was the tipping point for their fanbase.

The crazy part is, there's a ton of sour grapes from Fuskie twitter about how they should have won that game last night.

They're lucky Oregon didn't win 41-6, honestly.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

StevensTechU wrote:Did I want them to keep the whole band together for another season? Yes, yes I did. Will I accept this because it means Jimmy Lake is almost assuredly coming back next year? Yes, yes I will.
Yep, I agree STU- I think this buys Jimmy another year.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

So much for the talk that UW got the better former Penn State OC.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

greenyellow wrote:So much for the talk that UW got the better former Penn State OC.
Yes, that narrative is officially dead.

alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

I almost cheer for Lake to not get fired like I did for Helton. (Although Helton was much more bearable than that "Motherf*****" Lake and the crap he says)

Blamed his defense not getting interceptions and turnovers on not being up 21-3. LOL!...the imbecile has an excuse for every one of their shortcomings.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

Will be interesting to see what Lake does with his staff from here. So far, the changes he made to Petersen's staff that he inherited have not been good.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I honestly wonder if he'll go after Helfrich
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

StevensTechU wrote:I honestly wonder if he'll go after Helfrich
I could see him making a run at Helfrich. Some plusses there, he knows the conference, has west coast recruiting ties. Might not excite the uw fan base though. What they might hang their hat on is that he found Mariota and went to the NCG. A lot will depend on how the dominoes fall with other openings. ASU will likely have openings and there are some rumblings in the Bay Area that David Shaw has lost his luster. Not saying Shaw would be an OC candidate, just saying there’s lots of grist for the mill here.

The upside is Jimmy bought himself another year and they come to Autzen next year.

Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

GrantDuck wrote:It was building, but last night was the tipping point for their fanbase.

The crazy part is, there's a ton of sour grapes from Fuskie twitter about how they should have won that game last night.

Yeah, Lake said they had Oregon 'on the ropes' in the post-game presser. :lol:

Helfrich was actually a candidate before they hired Donovan, so I wouldn't be surprised to see his name pop up again. I wish he was with Oregon - would love to see an Oregonian in that role, especially one that we already know could take over as interim head coach if Mario decided to bolt. Probably a burnt bridge though.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

Phalanx wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:It was building, but last night was the tipping point for their fanbase.

Helfrich was actually a candidate before they hired Donovan, so I wouldn't be surprised to see his name pop up again. I wish he was with Oregon - would love to see an Oregonian in that role, especially one that we already know could take over as interim head coach if Mario decided to bolt. Probably a burnt bridge though.

Nuked them actually
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Lake of fire in Washington.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Phalanx wrote:

Has Helf ever succeeded as OC without Chip Kelly? The NCG was with Chip’s system/playbook and Chip’s recruits. Before Chip he didn’t do much and after Chip he didn’t do much.

Helf as a QB coach - different story.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Has Helf ever succeeded without Chip Kelly? The NCG was with Chip’s system/playbook and Chip’s recruits. Before Chi he didn’t do much and after Chip he didn’t do much.
I mean, he did take a team to the NCG whether it was his recruits or not, so yeah, he can coach. Nobody ever complained about his game-planning or game-calling abilities. He just couldn't recruit and it sounds like he couldn't control the locker room over time. Phalanx just said he'd be a good interim coach if the need arose, and there's really no reason to disagree with that.
Willie Taggart is a dick.