Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Coaching Carousel

Post by greenyellow »

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I had to look up who Brent Pry was. For those who don't want to do the same- longtime DC of Penn State.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

StevensTechU wrote:I had to look up who Brent Pry was. For those who don't want to do the same- longtime DC of Penn State.
A very whelming hire.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

karlhungis wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:I had to look up who Brent Pry was. For those who don't want to do the same- longtime DC of Penn State.
A very whelming hire.
He was apparently a grad assistant there from 1995-97 lol.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Looking at the picture of Pry, he exudes the look of John Belushi in Animal House...

That ought go over well in recruit living rooms :mrgreen:
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

woundedknees wrote:Looking at the picture of Pry, he exudes the look of John Belushi in Animal House...

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

woundedknees wrote:Looking at the picture of Pry, he exudes the look of John Belushi in Animal House...

I was just listening to the Solid Verbal and they just were talking about how he looks like a jet ski salesman. lol
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Looks like Riley is bringing his DC with him, I don’t think Dontae will be too happy with that.

Would Mario consider letting go of Deruyter and giving Dontae a chance at the DC position? Deruyter isn’t bad but I don’t feel like he’s a good fit with Mario. His bend but don’t break and 3rd down defense don’t work well with Mario’s offensive philosophies. I know Dontae is unproven but his recruiting alone makes him seem like a worthwhile risk at DC.
Husky fans think they are getting Donte to join DeBoer's staff.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

The next 4 days should be really interesting. Diaz is going to get fired. His buyout dropped today and if Miami was set on giving him another year, they would have issued a statement, especially since it is 2 weeks before the early signing period.

What will be interesting to see is if Miami is will to over pay to get Mario.
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

The more I think about what’s happening, the more likely I think it is that Cristobal bails. I think it’s 50/50 he lasts through this cycle, and 90/10 he’s gone after next year if not.

These crazy offers are going to the perceived best recruiters, the ones capable of swimming in the SEC waters. It would not surprise me at all if Oklahoma takes a big swing at MC.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

wlduck wrote:The more I think about what’s happening, the more likely I think it is that Cristobal bails. I think it’s 50/50 he lasts through this cycle, and 90/10 he’s gone after next year if not.

These crazy offers are going to the perceived best recruiters, the ones capable of swimming in the SEC waters. It would not surprise me at all if Oklahoma takes a big swing at MC.
Agree. I think he is gone.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Do* folks on this board (not ADs) think Cristobal is a $9M/yr head coach?
Last edited by StevensTechU on Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

StevensTechU wrote:Does folks on this board (not ADs) think Cristobal is a $9M/yr head coach?

I don’t. I actually think he is about where he should be. If some other school wants to throw $9m at him, good for them.
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

StevensTechU wrote:Does folks on this board (not ADs) think Cristobal is a $9M/yr head coach?
He is if the market says he is. And the current market highly values what he is best at- recruiting. Will it be worth it to a school who pays him that much? History would say probably not. The Athletic had a story about how often these kind of hires work out, and it’s not very often. But put him in the right school and he could hold his own recruiting against Saban and Smart. But I think that school was Florida or LSU. Oklahoma is a little tougher, though not as tough as Oregon (I’m talking about recruiting top 3 type classes).
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

These coaching salaries are getting beyond unreasonable and will be the #1 reason college football will lose fans, more so than the transfer portal.