Georgia vs Ohio State: Most possible natty matchup?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Georgia vs Ohio State: Most possible natty matchup?

Post by DuckzRule »

I'm starting to think that a Bulldogs vs Buckeyes matchup in Indianapolis is the most possible matchup in the CFP, but, would it be close?
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Re: Georgia vs Ohio State: Most possible natty matchup?

Post by DuckzRule »

This aged like milk
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

After the Buckeyes' loss to Michigan, I wonder if they will end up in the Rose Bowl. Possible rematch with the Ducks? I'm not thrilled at that prospect, but it would be funny if the Ducks would go all these years without ever beating Ohio State, only to beat them twice in the same year.

Obviously, the Ducks would have to up their game considerably to bring such an outcome about.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Phalanx wrote:After the Buckeyes' loss to Michigan, I wonder if they will end up in the Rose Bowl. Possible rematch with the Ducks? I'm not thrilled at that prospect, but it would be funny if the Ducks would go all these years without ever beating Ohio State, only to beat them twice in the same year.

Obviously, the Ducks would have to up their game considerably to bring such an outcome about.
More than likely the Big 10 Rose Bowl representative will be the loser of the Big 10 title game, Michigan or Iowa
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Alan wrote:
More than likely the Big 10 Rose Bowl representative will be the loser of the Big 10 title game, Michigan or Iowa
So, you think that the Rose Bowl is going to select 3-loss Iowa over Ohio State and Michigan State, both at 10-2? What do you base that on?

Palm has the Ohio State rematch as his projection:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... ooking-in/

In the New Year's Six, we have an unfortunate rematch between Oregon and Ohio State as part of the projections. The Ducks are the expected Pac-12 champions, and the Buckeyes are projected to be the highest-ranked Big Ten team after the Wolverines, which are projected for the CFP. However, the Rose Bowl could choose Michigan State instead if it wants to avoid the regular-season rematch -- and it is the Rose Bowl's choice, not that of the committee.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Things get really messy if Iowa beats Michigan.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Let us beat Utah first
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Ohio State seems like a lock for the Rose Bowl. Have to imagine the RB is salivating at getting them.