Why do PAC-12 refs hate the Pac-12?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Why do PAC-12 refs hate the Pac-12?

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Anyone watching this USC vs BYU game knows exactly what I’m talking about.
Phalanx
Senior

Re: Why do PAC-12 refs hate the Pac-12?

Post by Phalanx »

The west coast is full of liberal self-loathing. Our sportswriters who have AP poll votes vote down our teams and write columns trashing the conference and the teams therein. Our administrators cancel or postpone games at the slightest hint of Covid, and obviously we know what a low priority the conference as a whole puts on promoting football revenue and staying competitive with other conferences. So why would our refs be any different? It's part of the corporate culture.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Phalanx wrote:The west coast is full of liberal self-loathing. Our sportswriters who have AP poll votes vote down our teams and write columns trashing the conference and the teams therein. Our administrators cancel or postpone games at the slightest hint of Covid, and obviously we know what a low priority the conference as a whole puts on promoting football revenue and staying competitive with other conferences. So why would our refs be any different? It's part of the corporate culture.
I will agree with the fact that west coast schools care more about politics and social justice issues more than the rest of the country. Yesterday I saw the PAC-12 commercial multiple times and it features a gay pride flag followed by someone getting the covid vaccine followed by a BLM moment, you think the SEC includes things like that? The SEC commercial only has sports, cause that’s their focus. Not saying it’s right or wrong but it’s certainly true that west coast teams put politics above sports and that’s why the PAC-12 has been deteriorating and why some Pac-12 players play soft (not all, see Utah).
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Kudos for turning a Pac12 officials suck thread political so quickly. Usually these things take a page or two to devolve like this.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

karlhungis wrote:Kudos for turning a Pac12 officials suck thread political so quickly. Usually these things take a page or two to devolve like this.
That's his shtick.

Our refs are poor quality and get it wrong in general, not against any teams in particular. The bias you see is your own projection. It's neutral, just shitty.