Looks like Lincoln Riley to USC

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

GrantDuck
Senior

Looks like Lincoln Riley to USC

Post by GrantDuck »

Seems like they hit their big hire, on the surface.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Re: Looks like Lincoln Riley to USC

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Wow! Not good news for recruiting battles. Looks like we have a new foe in the south.
sharffj
High School Drop Out

Post by sharffj »

Wonder if moving to SEC spooked him
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

Oregon had a fun run while it lasted. SC will own this conference now
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

sharffj wrote:Wonder if moving to SEC spooked him
I think it likely played its own part of not wanting to compete directly with Saban. Plus, he's got a bunch of SoCal guys committed to OU that will all likely stay home now. He's already got ties recruiting to this region.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

UofO8 wrote:Oregon had a fun run while it lasted. SC will own this conference now
Give me a break.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

karlhungis wrote:
UofO8 wrote:Oregon had a fun run while it lasted. SC will own this conference now
Give me a break.
lol, care to explain how I am wrong? Dude has owned the Big 12 since he has been there and I would wager our conference is quite a bit worse than the Big 12 atm. And now he gets to go to a school that is in one of the hottest (arguably the hottest) recruiting beds in the country. Dude is going to pull in top 5 classes, or better, without even trying and unlike SC's last guy, this dude can actually coach. Cristobal still hasn't really even shown that he's a good coach and has relied almost solely on his recruiting and he's going to have a hell of a lot harder time even doing that now with Lincoln at SC. All those high rated socal kids we currently have on our team? Yeah, they probably don't come here with Lincoln at SC and pulling those kinds of kids in the future is now going to be insanely difficult.
OrTDuck
Two Star Recruit

Post by OrTDuck »

To win the way MC appears to want to win (generic offense and basically the same defense most of college football is running), it's gonna require recruiting, and I mean still better recruiting. That just got harder.

It won't take that long for USC's recruiting impact to hit with the "right" guy.

4 of the current top 10 Duck commits are SoCal area commits and I hope those recruits are locked down. Expect USC to impact recruiting in the west immediately and into the foreseeable future (like a shakeup in 2020 and top 3-4 classes each year after).

As much as USC has struggled, over the last 5 classes, USC has grabbed 17 top 60 rated commits (in the 247 Composite). Over the same period, with MC's "historic" recruiting success, Oregon has only gotten 10.

While USC has been mostly "down", they have still grabbed the 5th most top 60 kids in the country behind only Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State, and Clemson, more than LSU, Oklahoma, A&M, Florida, Oregon, Texas, Auburn, Miami, etc.).

Expect that number to double, and in 4-5 cycles, baring some huge catastrophe, expect to see USC right up there with Alabama, Georgia, tOSU in a roster full of top kids.

Oregon is gonna need to be on its game just to keep its number of top kids, when really it needs to find a way to double it. Not good.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

UofO8 wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
Give me a break.
lol, care to explain how I am wrong? Dude has owned the Big 12 since he has been there and I would wager our conference is quite a bit worse than the Big 12 atm. And now he gets to go to a school that is in one of the hottest (arguably the hottest) recruiting beds in the country. Dude is going to pull in top 5 classes, or better, without even trying and unlike SC's last guy, this dude can actually coach. Cristobal still hasn't really even shown that he's a good coach and has relied almost solely on his recruiting and he's going to have a hell of a lot harder time even doing that now with Lincoln at SC. All those high rated socal kids we currently have on our team? Yeah, they probably don't come here with Lincoln at SC and pulling those kinds of kids in the future is now going to be insanely difficult.
Well, he just lost to Oklahoma State.
1-3 in Bowls
Maybe he's not a great big game coach. Just a guy that was given the keys to a Rolls Royce when Stoops left.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

UofO8 wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
Give me a break.
If he was already taking those guys from the Ducks and we were still getting Top Classes it means we will be just fine in Recruiting.

If Lincoln Riley is a threat to Mario's ability to build a team, he was never the right coach for us. I still think he's more than capable of being that HC for us.
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

If he was already taking those guys from the Ducks
He wasn't beforehand since he didn't have to heavily recruit socal (even tho some of the biggest recruits in socal for next years class are currently committed to OU) but he will now. Dude literally doesn't have to leave socal now to recruit and a good chunk of our big recruits are from there.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

UofO8 wrote:
If he was already taking those guys from the Ducks
He wasn't beforehand since he didn't have to heavily recruit socal (even tho some of the biggest recruits in socal for next years class are currently committed to OU) but he will now. Dude literally doesn't have to leave socal now to recruit and a good chunk of our big recruits are from there.
Last year 247 ranked Oregon 6 and USC...7th

Riley will recruit Nationally, just like Mario does.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

And back to the doom and gloom!
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

Last year 247 ranked Oregon 6 and USC...7th
And that was with an absolute idiot for a HC that had no clue what he was doing. Now imagine what it will be like lol
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Riley can only take so many guys. If he pulls some from OU, plus what is already coming to SC, not a big deal this cycle. SC just got beat by BYU, there will be a QB controversy next year with Slovis and Dart. Riley left a better program. Will OU be knocking on MC’s door?