Just committed to SC lmao
Duck07
All-American

Re: Looks like Lincoln Riley to USC

Post by Duck07 »

UofO8 wrote:
if Malachi stays with Riley
I don't doubt he's committed now, how is he going to feel when Caleb Williams transfers in?

For all the new recruits USC is going to get, they are also going to see a lot leave in the coming years because the coaches brought in another high profile guy and hurt their feelings. Would I rather deal with that QB problem than ours. Absolutely.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Duck07 wrote:
UofO8 wrote:
if Malachi stays with Riley
I don't doubt he's committed now, how is he going to feel when Caleb Williams transfers in?

For all the new recruits USC is going to get, they are also going to see a lot leave in the coming years because the coaches brought in another high profile guy and hurt their feelings. Would I rather deal with that QB problem than ours. Absolutely.
In all fairness, he was committed to Oklahoma with Williams starting there, so not sure what would change in this situation. If he was fine with it at Oklahoma, why have a problem with it at the home town school?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

droop10 wrote: In all fairness, he was committed to Oklahoma with Williams starting there, so not sure what would change in this situation. If he was fine with it at Oklahoma, why have a problem with it at the home town school?
I think things change once you're on campus and not getting the start. As it is, Williams would still need to transfer at this point and with Rattler leaving, I'm sure its still possible that Williams might stay.

Haener also just popped into the portal
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Duck07 wrote:
droop10 wrote: In all fairness, he was committed to Oklahoma with Williams starting there, so not sure what would change in this situation. If he was fine with it at Oklahoma, why have a problem with it at the home town school?
I think things change once you're on campus and not getting the start. As it is, Williams would still need to transfer at this point and with Rattler leaving, I'm sure its still possible that Williams might stay.

Haener also just popped into the portal
The Haener deal could be interesting. I think there's a realistic chance he ends up back at Washington and overtakes Morris after originally transferring away, because he was behind Morris on the depth chart. What a weird turn of events that would turn out to be. Hope that isn't the case, as Haener is a gamer. Hope he ends up somewhere away from the Pac-12.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Haener was never behind Morris on the depth chart. He was behind Jacob Eason.

Oregon fans not wanting a transfer QB is extra funny now. Imagine if Washington didn't want Haener because they were afraid it would scare Morris off. Now replace Haener with a dual threat QB and Morris for Butterfield.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

It's not that funny, given how underwhelming the past couple of transfer QB's have been. I would feel better about a transfer if a few of our guys hit the portal, but really it seems like a few of them should get a chance to play and mess up before they just hand the job to a guy from outside. If we aren't going to play Butterfield, Thompson and the baseball player, then why are they on the roster?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Seems Lincoln Riley is already having an issue with some of his former OU assistants recruiting for both OU and USC.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Lol. Another DB? They have 21 DBs on the roster.
They better start worrying about getting a few linemen.