Brian Kelly To LSU

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

SuperDuck
Senior

Brian Kelly To LSU

Post by SuperDuck »

I've read a couple reports that are saying it's a done deal.
Last edited by SuperDuck on Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
John 3:36
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Brian Kelly To LSU?

Post by karlhungis »

Such a scumbag.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

He's a scumbag....but I'd move my family in a heartbeat to Louisiana for 150 million.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:He's a scumbag....but I'd move my family in a heartbeat to Louisiana for 150 million.
Yeah, it makes no sense from job security and path to a championship standpoint with Saban around but for that money I'd also be concerned the dude would mail it in because scumbag.
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

Duck07 wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:He's a scumbag....but I'd move my family in a heartbeat to Louisiana for 150 million.
Yeah, it makes no sense from job security and path to a championship standpoint with Saban around but for that money I'd also be concerned the dude would mail it in because scumbag.
In these big contracts we hear about incentives and what not to balloon pay rates. Would a school not be wise to put in minimum benchmarks for success in order to collect on these big contracts? Just a question, I have experience in union contracts but nothing like this.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Duck07 wrote:
Notre Dame wasn't going to win a national championship unless everything broke Kelly's way some year. Even though Alabama wasn't on the schedule, Alabama (or Clemson) was going to bounce Notre Dame from the playoffs every time they made it. At LSU, he has a better shot at collecting talent to occasionally beat Alabama, and perhaps win a (or multiple) national championship.

The 'path' is better at LSU. Ed freaking Orgeron did it.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

StevensTechU wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Notre Dame wasn't going to win a national championship unless everything broke Kelly's way some year. Even though Alabama wasn't on the schedule, Alabama (or Clemson) was going to bounce Notre Dame from the playoffs every time they made it. At LSU, he has a better shot at collecting talent to occasionally beat Alabama, and perhaps win a (or multiple) national championship.

I don't think the path for Kelly is better at LSU. I think he saw how big the bag is getting and decided to get paid and they'll be constant 9-3/8-4 teams when they're paying for 15-0.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Brian Kelly To LSU

Post by StevensTechU »

I definitely think money was the biggest motivating factor. Kelly's been a bitch about getting paid, basically trying to get a raise from Notre Dame every year while his agent fabricates interest from the NFL. But just wanted to say that Notre Dame has an easier path to the playoff but easier path to a national championship, given the proximity to talent in Louisiana versus Indiana.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

StevensTechU wrote:I definitely think money was the biggest motivating factor. Kelly's been a bitch about getting paid, basically trying to get a raise from Notre Dame every year while his agent fabricates interest from the NFL. But just wanted to say that Notre Dame has an easier path to the playoff but easier path to a national championship, given the proximity to talent in Louisiana versus Indiana.
I think Notre Dame tends to recruit Nationally and that Kelly's lack of cultural fit in Louisiana may make it harder for him to take advantage of the local recruits and win those battles. I also think an expanded Playoff will benefit a Notre Dame a lot more than multiple loss SEC team.

If I was LSU I would have gone for Billy Napier as he seemed like the best fit. Kelly might be more proven, but I'd rather bet on Napier long-term vs Kelly.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

Duck07 wrote:
Hey, Grams home cooked Louisiana gumbo is no joke. Most of what we get up North is tamed down to appeal to the masses.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

A match made in heaven?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

StevensTechU wrote:
Duck07 wrote:

Exactly, the path is easier. Have a good season including beating Bama in the regular season and taking their spot in the SEC title game and you're going to be in the playoffs with out Bama as a contender.

Not who I wanted but the last three head coaches have won a national championship at LSU. Pretty sure Kelly will continue the streak and become the fourth.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Did you know that people from Boston don't have strong accent's?
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Duck07 wrote:Did you know that people from Boston don't have strong accent's?
Ha! Well our accents tend to grow on people quickly. Kelly seems to just be a quicker study than most :lol: