2014 Playoffs Conf Finals (Games 1-3)

You can talk about all sim related stuff here.

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Re: 2014 Playoffs Conf Finals (Games 1-3)

Post by pudgejeff »

Cellar-door wrote:I think there are two ways to tighten things up, either separately or together:
1. Going forward, put more Bosh type restrictions on guys more often in their draft notes (for example anyone who is a primary C can't go below PF, any PF can't go below SF)
2. If you start a guy at a position more than 20 games you have to switch him to that position. This seems like the easiest, if you're playing a guy basically full-time as a starter (not just as a backup in the rotation) at a position there is no reason not to have him switched there unless you think you're getting an advantage by having him listed as a different position than he plays.
What if they are rotating back and forth between the positions? Doesn't the change of positions have a permanent effect on the players ratings once switched?
Cellar-door
Senior
GM: Charlotte Hornets

Post by Cellar-door »

pudgejeff wrote:
Cellar-door wrote:I think there are two ways to tighten things up, either separately or together:
1. Going forward, put more Bosh type restrictions on guys more often in their draft notes (for example anyone who is a primary C can't go below PF, any PF can't go below SF)
2. If you start a guy at a position more than 20 games you have to switch him to that position. This seems like the easiest, if you're playing a guy basically full-time as a starter (not just as a backup in the rotation) at a position there is no reason not to have him switched there unless you think you're getting an advantage by having him listed as a different position than he plays.
What if they are rotating back and forth between the positions? Doesn't the change of positions have a permanent effect on the players ratings once switched?
I think that's just the risk a GM takes if they want to play someone in a new position. It's one reason I suggested 20 games as a starter. That's 1/4 of the season at full starter minutes, so it's a significant switch not just a brief rotation.
Hornets GM
dave
Sophomore
GM: Cleveland Cavaliers

Post by dave »

Cellar is basically going to my original point. If you start a player there then you have to move his position there.
CLEVLAND CAVS