Offseason Discussion/League Improvements

You can talk about all sim related stuff here.

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

BucksGM
Five Star Recruit
GM: Milwaukee Bucks

Re: Offseason Discussion/League Improvements

Post by BucksGM »

We probably need to figure out how we are addressing the draft relatively soon.
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

BucksGM wrote:We probably need to figure out how we are addressing the draft relatively soon.
We are still 10-12 seasons away from that IMO. As TK said, we have enough real player data for that period and then some.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
BucksGM wrote:We probably need to figure out how we are addressing the draft relatively soon.
We are still 10-12 seasons away from that IMO. As TK said, we have enough real player data for that period and then some.
This. I've made it 18 seasons past our current year in a past sim, just going through all college, HS, and middle school top players and spreading them out a couple season each year.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
BucksGM
Five Star Recruit

Post by BucksGM »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:
This. I've made it 18 seasons past our current year in a past sim, just going through all college, HS, and middle school top players and spreading them out a couple season each year.
Lol ok. Haven't seen a sim make quite that stretch before. Should be interesting.
dave
Sophomore
GM: Cleveland Cavaliers

Post by dave »

I can tell you real input on draft classes till about 2022. By the time we get there I'll have insight on 2024
CLEVLAND CAVS
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

BucksGM wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:
Lol ok. Haven't seen a sim make quite that stretch before. Should be interesting.
Even from way back in the day I expressed concerns about this and TK was awesome in drawing up names that can be worked with.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
BucksGM
Five Star Recruit

Post by BucksGM »

Zyme wrote:
BucksGM wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:
Even from way back in the day I expressed concerns about this and TK was awesome in drawing up names that can be worked with.
Fair enough. I'm genuinely interested in seeing it progress this way. Something different.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

It's actually kinda fun, cuz you'll see these guys surface like 5 years from now

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Zyme wrote:Rule of thumb I would say is one position unless otherwise specified.
I want to bring the discussion of players out of position here. While I dont have a problem with it and feel there is a counter to it, I am open ears for how the league feels about it. I like Zymes suggestion of one position if we were to change it, but I want to hear everyone's thoughts.

I couldn't find the old discussion thread on this topic.
Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

C-C/PF
PF-C/PF/SF
SF-All but PG
SG-All but PG
PG-All

the problem is enforcing these, its annoying, so I think its better to just put the restriction (except PG) in the playoffs.
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Post by Craig »

I think you can project whatever real life rationale you like, but it's a computer program and doesn't work the way the NBA does. I know Gasol started the conversation, and I think very simply you can look at his career numbers and see the stark change this year and get an idea, no need to overthink it. FBB just doesn't handle PFs/Cs moving to SF or SFs/SGs moving to PG well

I'll play with whatever rules are in place, but my 2 cents is that its a real letdown seeing that kinda stuff.
Last edited by Craig on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SUNS GM
BucksGM
Five Star Recruit

Post by BucksGM »

Doesn't bother me either way
dennocj
Five Star Recruit
GM: Indiana Pacers

Post by dennocj »

Brophdog88 wrote:C-C/PF
PF-C/PF/SF
SF-All but PG
SG-All but PG
PG-All

the problem is enforcing these, its annoying, so I think its better to just put the restriction (except PG) in the playoffs.
I'm 100% with this chart, but would like it enforced all season,
Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

dennocj wrote:
PF-C/PF/SF
SF-All but PG
SG-All but PG
PG-All

I understand the reasoning, but having been simmer before, 90% its just focusing on getting the players in the right dc slots, and not screwing it up, plus injuries and the like just make it that much more difficult. During the playoffs, teams are more limited, and get fewer as it goes on, much easier to control for injuries and the like.
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Brophdog88 wrote:
dennocj wrote:
PF-C/PF/SF
SF-All but PG
SG-All but PG
PG-All

I understand the reasoning, but having been simmer before, 90% its just focusing on getting the players in the right dc slots, and not screwing it up, plus injuries and the like just make it that much more difficult. During the playoffs, teams are more limited, and get fewer as it goes on, much easier to control for injuries and the like.
Put it on GM's. We're all adults, we can follow the rules set. Just like the salary cap, if you break it you get a warning, do it again some sort of small penalty. Nothing like a draft pick or anything.