Post by Craig »

FML really?
SUNS GM
Briezy
Five Star Recruit
GM: Cleveland Cavaliers GM

Re: blazers/cavs

Post by Briezy »

I guess the main thing for the Cavs was shedding Gasols contract?
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Deadline passed and no confirmation, no deal

I actually liked this for the Cavs too. I think Klay could be like McLemore with consistent playing time
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Wouldn't pm agreement have worked for both of these? I thought it had in the past?
QuackQuack
One Star Recruit

Post by QuackQuack »

accept! please cut Okur and Beverly

Thanks

NEVERMIND THAT SUCKS, SORRY BLAZERS I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS GOING IN!
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

pudgejeff wrote:Wouldn't pm agreement have worked for both of these? I thought it had in the past?
Not at the deadline if I recall. I have done it if a team posts early and then dont hear a response for a whole day. At deadline, dont wait until the last minute
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:Wouldn't pm agreement have worked for both of these? I thought it had in the past?
Not at the deadline if I recall. I have done it if a team posts early and then dont hear a response for a whole day. At deadline, dont wait until the last minute
I guess, I just feel like it's a bit of punishing instead of promoting activity.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

It's not that hard to go right to the trade page in less than a minute after you agree to a trade. This isn't the 1st time this has happened.
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

bellsduck wrote:It's not that hard to go right to the trade page in less than a minute after you agree to a trade. This isn't the 1st time this has happened.
Agreed, don't think it's a huge deal. Rough for the Blazers trying to improve.
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

pudgejeff wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:
I guess, I just feel like it's a bit of punishing instead of promoting activity.
I said to get picks in by 7 to be safe earlier today and didnt sim until 9. The issue then becomes, how long do I wait for someone to accept? Deadline is there for a reason
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pudgejeff wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:
I'm lenient in general, but when it comes to the trade deadline and if a party hasn't accepted (via posting), it can't go through.

If cap was slightly off and Vet FA would fix it, or if a cut was needed, that's one thing. Stinks, but gotta just post.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:
I said to get picks in by 7 to be safe earlier today and didnt sim until 9. The issue then becomes, how long do I wait for someone to accept? Deadline is there for a reason
No I completely understand, just know the limitations of some. But ya, you def can't just postpone the whole sim to wait on guys going at the last minute. Tough time in the season for a bunch of new GM's, excited for the activity in the off-season and next season though!
dave
Sophomore
GM: Cleveland Cavaliers

Post by dave »

If this would have been let through would have been rape of the century.

Gasol has 1 more year left on his contract it's not like it needs to be dumped or would give the team immediate cap space. Sanders is also an elite shot blocker on minimum deal with birds.

Klay has been a bust.
CLEVLAND CAVS