Sim 6 Discussion (Days 31-35)

You can talk about all sim related stuff here.

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Re: Sim 6 Discussion (Days 31-35)

Post by Brophdog88 »

or play him at Center actually, that would be the better adjustment for now
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

its depressing how meh Ducky made Jordan's handles...wtf at 4.8 turnovers dude?
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Brophdog88 wrote:its depressing how meh Ducky made Jordan's handles...wtf at 4.8 turnovers dude?
Do you not read any posts? File was generated. I don't have time to spend life on making a league file. Just doing this for the fun of the Duck fans here.

This will be low effort from me compared to the past me. My work life and personal life take up too much time. I'd love to put more time into it, but just too difficult. However, I still want to keep things reasonable, so I'll try to put a little more detail in the draft file.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Yeah I like that this league is low key, no minimum 200 posts a day to keep up and what not.

I know Jordan's turnovers couldn't really be fixed but we did have the draft file up for several days and TK fixed probably 25 gripes, so he was willing to make adjustments.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

Another up and down sim. This team can't fgure out if it wants to be good or suck.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Yeah I like that this league is low key, no minimum 200 posts a day to keep up and what not.

I know Jordan's turnovers couldn't really be fixed but we did have the draft file up for several days and TK fixed probably 25 gripes, so he was willing to make adjustments.
Honestly, in hindsight, I should have comped roster and done a test sim. And if any numbers were crazy off, we could have adjusted before starting.

Oh well though, a few things off here and there keeps it a little more fresh anyway.

BTW 10 day sim tomorrow cuz of the snowy weather?? eh? eh?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:Yeah I like that this league is low key, no minimum 200 posts a day to keep up and what not.

Honestly, in hindsight, I should have comped roster and done a test sim. And if any numbers were crazy off, we could have adjusted before starting.

Oh well though, a few things off here and there keeps it a little more fresh anyway.

I'm all in for that! I'd be down for 10 days sims everyday, but that's prolly cause I'm not trying to in this year lol
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:4-1 with my loss in OT by 3 to the blazers.
Getting Eddie Johnson was smart, you needed a #1 scorer.
Yeah he was the perfect add. Now I gotta figure out if this teams going to be on the cusp of contending so I can add a few more pieces for picks (depth mostly) or just let it ride and build through the draft. Johnson is the only old guy on the team so it's an interesting situation.

Couple observations after going through the team stats:

Gone from last in the league to 10th in rebounding in 3 weeks. Definitely a big part of the turnaround.

Second in the league in steals 11.2 a game, 0.1 away from being tied for first.

Tied for second in block per game at 8.2.

All that and I'm still allowing 95 points a game, 8th worst in the league!

Benoit Benjamin is a beast: 17 ppg, 12.5 rpg (2nd in the league), and 3.5 bpg (6th)
eddy_zamora
Four Star Recruit
GM: Seattle Supersonics GM

Post by eddy_zamora »

I'm putting myself on a self-imposed trade ban. 3-1 with Parish looking like he is 25 instead of 35. Magic is playing like he caught something *wink*. Finally found a scoring option.
SUPERSONICS GM
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

UOducksTK1 wrote:

Snow?!? What is that ?
I'm down for a 10 day sim.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

FlDuckFan wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

Snow?!? What is that ?
I'm down for a 10 day sim.
It's something we're supposed to get another 7 in of today.
303DucksFan
Four Star Recruit

Post by 303DucksFan »

Can't seem to beat the damn Mavs.
gregspechtismyhero
Freshman

Post by gregspechtismyhero »

pudgejeff wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

I'm all in for that! I'd be down for 10 days sims everyday, but that's prolly cause I'm not trying to in this year lol
Agreed, maybe 10 day sims after the trade deadline?
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
Image (USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

303DucksFan wrote:Can't seem to beat the damn Mavs.
Can I play you every week? :D
SwaggyC
One Star Recruit

Post by SwaggyC »

I'm so happy with Mark Jackson :o