Olympic trials live coverage

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Olympic trials live coverage

Post by Alan »

Does anyone know if there is any live coverage of the Olympic trials broadcast. NBC will have coverage, same day but delayed by several hours. Thanks, Alan
gogreen55
Senior

Re: Olympic trials live coverage

Post by gogreen55 »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

So far, Rupp (marathon and 10K), Eaton (decathlon), and Gardner (100m) have all won events while Phyllis Francis (400m) qualified for Rio by coming in 2nd.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Thanks for the update, I've been searching for results. I see Hasay missed in the 10,000 but she is hopeful for the marathon. Please keep any updates on passed or present Ducks coming.

Thanks again,
Alan
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like Cyrus Hostetler will win the javelin and is headed for his 2nd Olympics. Sam Crouser may join him even though he's in 4th since he's got the Olympic qualifying standard while the 2nd and 3rd place guys don't.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

Devon easily won his heat and has advanced to semifinals
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

cordy02c wrote:Devon easily won his heat and has advanced to semifinals
Thanks for the update! I was nice to see when I hit the chair after work! It was nice to find.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

Devon won his semifinal and advances to the final with the 2nd fastest time in semis
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Devon is headed to Rio after winning the 110 hurdles. Congrats to him.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Someone said it before me, but what a stud! Thanks for the update.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Off topic, but with Allen qualifying think he's less likely to play football this year? Not that I'd blame him, I'm super happy for him! That is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Off topic, but with Allen qualifying think he's less likely to play football this year? Not that I'd blame him, I'm super happy for him! That is awesome!

I'd be surprise if he missed, he'll be done with the olympics by fall camp.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

In addition to Allen's exploits, two current Ducks (Ariana Washington and Deajah Stevens) and one former Duck (Jenna Prandini) qualified for the women's 200 meter finals. The Ducks won 2 of the semifinal races.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Alan wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Off topic, but with Allen qualifying think he's less likely to play football this year? Not that I'd blame him, I'm super happy for him! That is awesome!

I wouldn't count on him being a productive WR though. He's been focused on track for the last 7 months and likely hasn't been in the playbook or working with the QB's. Depending on how he does in the Olympics, wouldn't be surprised to see him focus on track and quit football. His time in the finals was the second tastes time in the world this year so why risk another catastrophic knee injury on a sport where he is a fringe pro prospect?

Either way, congrats to him and best of luck in Rio. His success should further help Oregon land those dual track/football guys in the future.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duck24 wrote:
Alan wrote:

I wouldn't count on him being a productive WR though. He's been focused on track for the last 7 months and likely hasn't been in the playbook or working with the QB's. Depending on how he does in the Olympics, wouldn't be surprised to see him focus on track and quit football. His time in the finals was the second tastes time in the world this year so why risk another catastrophic knee injury on a sport where he is a fringe pro prospect?

Either way, congrats to him and best of luck in Rio. His success should further help Oregon land those dual track/football guys in the future.
You bring up a couple of good points, he medals in the olympics he could make a living in track and like you said why play football were the risk of injury is much higher. If he brings back a gold or silver I wonder if he can pick up a track scholarship so he can drop his football scholarship? (Sarcasm). He'd half to do well in the Olympics to quit football IMO.