Centrowitz to volunteer coach at UW

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Centrowitz to volunteer coach at UW

Post by greenyellow »

In a surprising move, UW has hired former UO T&F star and current Olympic 1500m champ Matthew Centrowitz as a volunteer assistant. Never thought I'd see him coaching while he's still a pro runner and at a rival school that will shifting over to Adidas in the next year. They also added former Duck runner (and Centro's good friend) Chris Kwiatkowski to be a full-time assistant. The Powells are really using their Oregon ties to jumpstart that program. I doubt many Duck fans will be happy to see this.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: Centrowitz to volunteer coach at UW

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I am not happy to see this.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Well said, Grandpa. Nor am I.

Quite honestly, I've never been a huge fan of Centrowitz Jr. (as opposed to his dad, whom I saw run at Hayward in the 70s). Somehow he never seemed "true Duck" to me.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Greenblood wrote:Well said, Grandpa. Nor am I.

Quite honestly, I've never been a huge fan of Centrowitz Jr. (as opposed to his dad, whom I saw run at Hayward in the 70s). Somehow he never seemed "true Duck" to me.
A lot of the other people on the team weren't big fans of his. He pretty much half-assed it and boasted that he was half-assing it, saying he'd turn it on when he was a pro. Well, can't say he was wrong. Sounds like a good personality fit for the huskies, though.