Off topic - Bracket help

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Off topic - Bracket help

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

For the last 5 years I've done an amazing job of coming in the bottom 3 in my bracket contest with my friends. It's uncanny how bad I've done. I'm sick of hearing about it constantly, so I'm looking for a little assistance this year. Do you have an "expert" you follow that gives advice on picks? Preferably someone with an above average track record.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Off topic - Bracket help

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Pick teams with good senior leadership and go with coaches that have a proven tournament record.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

This is a little dense and nerdy, but it's my favorite single source:

Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

So based on that graph, Virginia will win. Unless they are upset by Gardner Webb in the first round.

I'm glad we cleared that up.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Phalanx wrote:So based on that graph, Virginia will win. Unless they are upset by Gardner Webb in the first round.

I'm glad we cleared that up.
When they are upset by Gardner Webb.

I know you're kidding, but yeah it really just shows you want your champion to come from someone squarely in that upper right quadrant, and then it's also a handy reference for what teams' strengths are and who the weaker teams at each seed level. Weaker teams are still gonna upset stronger teams, but it's a bit more likely LSU gets upset than Houston, say.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:For the last 5 years I've done an amazing job of coming in the bottom 3 in my bracket contest with my friends. It's uncanny how bad I've done. I'm sick of hearing about it constantly, so I'm looking for a little assistance this year. Do you have an "expert" you follow that gives advice on picks? Preferably someone with an above average track record.
Go chalk and you'll be in the top quarter at minimum, it's not fun and sexy but it will always work.
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

pudgejeff wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:For the last 5 years I've done an amazing job of coming in the bottom 3 in my bracket contest with my friends. It's uncanny how bad I've done. I'm sick of hearing about it constantly, so I'm looking for a little assistance this year. Do you have an "expert" you follow that gives advice on picks? Preferably someone with an above average track record.
Go chalk and you'll be in the top quarter at minimum, it's not fun and sexy but it will always work.
My thoughts too and this year more than ever, IMO, with the top seeds all going to the end.