GM Lounge

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Re: GM Lounge

Post by Oregon Ownage »

dennocj wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:Would there be interest in a live stream of the finals sim and then draft lottery?
I would be interested, just not sure how it works.
I would either broadcast it on Twitch or a screen sharing platform
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

pudgejeff wrote:Going to my first ever Magic game tonight! So stoked!
That's awesome , sorry the team isn't any good.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
dennocj wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:Would there be interest in a live stream of the finals sim and then draft lottery?
I would be interested, just not sure how it works.
I would either broadcast it on Twitch or a screen sharing platform
I've always thought it'd be fun to live stream the simple every once in a while.
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

An interesting idea/solution was proposed to me recently. To alleviate the concern of giving their phone number to me and how to be notified if something is happening(draft, FA, sim, etc.) and to help speed up processes and increase productivity we can use the Slack app(https://slack.com/). This free app provides the ability for you to receive push notifications to your phone when a sim happens, FA is posted, etc. w/o having to give away your phone number. You are also able to communicate with other GM's through the app so trade talks can go quicker.

What would everyone thoughts be on using this?
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Oregon Ownage wrote:An interesting idea/solution was proposed to me recently. To alleviate the concern of giving their phone number to me and how to be notified if something is happening(draft, FA, sim, etc.) and to help speed up processes and increase productivity we can use the Slack app(https://slack.com/). This free app provides the ability for you to receive push notifications to your phone when a sim happens, FA is posted, etc. w/o having to give away your phone number. You are also able to communicate with other GM's through the app so trade talks can go quicker.

I use it for work. Works awesome. But on that point, I'm not sure I'd join as that is something I turn off to get away from work at times.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Oregon Ownage wrote:An interesting idea/solution was proposed to me recently. To alleviate the concern of giving their phone number to me and how to be notified if something is happening(draft, FA, sim, etc.) and to help speed up processes and increase productivity we can use the Slack app(https://slack.com/). This free app provides the ability for you to receive push notifications to your phone when a sim happens, FA is posted, etc. w/o having to give away your phone number. You are also able to communicate with other GM's through the app so trade talks can go quicker.

I'm not opposed.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
dennocj
Five Star Recruit
GM: Indiana Pacers

Post by dennocj »

I'd be good with that
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

I also want to point out that it would not be mandatory
Crowned
One Star Recruit
GM: Seattle SuperSonics

Post by Crowned »

Another option could be whatsapp. I have an ongoing group chat for another sim league I'm involved in, and it certainly promotes trade activity.
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

The East has been turned upside down this offseason. Hawks, Magic and Knicks look to have taken steps back. Nets are the class of the East by a good distance IMO. Can a team from the Central make a charge? Im calling you out Pistons, Pacers and Bulls! There is no better time to make a run than now.

In the West, I like what the Sonics have been doing. Melo, Howard, Splitter, AI(for now) but are missing a PG to pull it all together. TrailBlazers are still near the top with conference but that Pacific division is tough. Everyone bar the Warriors can stake a claim. The MidWest is Spurs and Jazz again but the Griz made some nice moves this offseason so they could surprise.

My wildcard this year are the Hornets. I think this the year they put it all together.
nray30
Four Star Recruit
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by nray30 »

Oregon Ownage wrote:The East has been turned upside down this offseason. Hawks, Magic and Knicks look to have taken steps back. Nets are the class of the East by a good distance IMO. Can a team from the Central make a charge? Im calling you out Pistons, Pacers and Bulls! There is no better time to make a run than now.

In the West, I like what the Sonics have been doing. Melo, Howard, Splitter, AI(for now) but are missing a PG to pull it all together. TrailBlazers are still near the top with conference but that Pacific division is tough. Everyone bar the Warriors can stake a claim. The MidWest is Spurs and Jazz again but the Griz made some nice moves this offseason so they could surprise.

My wildcard this year are the Hornets. I think this the year they put it all together.
Look out for the Pacers out of the East! A lot of talent on that roster, but can they mesh well together? Time will tell...
dennocj
Five Star Recruit
GM: Indiana Pacers

Post by dennocj »

Oregon Ownage wrote:The East has been turned upside down this offseason. Hawks, Magic and Knicks look to have taken steps back. Nets are the class of the East by a good distance IMO. Can a team from the Central make a charge? Im calling you out Pistons, Pacers and Bulls! There is no better time to make a run than now.

I'm a Tennessee Vols fan so preseason expectations have me like

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Yeah this is our best chance of winning it all.

catch 922
Four Star Recruit
GM: Washington Bullets GM

Post by catch 922 »

I've been doing this for 2 years now and one thing that has always confused/baffled me are depth charts. Some that should work don't and others that shouldn't work are magical. Just kind of infuriating I guess and just wish I could wrap my head around it.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

catch 922 wrote:I've been doing this for 2 years now and one thing that has always confused/baffled me are depth charts. Some that should work don't and others that shouldn't work are magical. Just kind of infuriating I guess and just wish I could wrap my head around it.
Not to name drop, but Brophdog88 knows a thing or two. There's a few other guys here too who could help out.

I know a few things here and there but I'm still figuring things out after 10 years lol.