New Trailer for De La Salle movie.

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

New Trailer for De La Salle movie.

Post by pudgejeff »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT0aE4iAnJo

Man oh man is it gonna bring about the feels.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: New Trailer for De La Salle movie.

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Didn't know they were making a movie about that. I remember the 07 civil war and Terrence Kelly's dad came out holding his jersey, that was rough
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

RIP Terrence Kelly.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I saw that trailer when I saw Draft Day, definitely a must see.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

pudgejeff wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT0aE4iAnJo

Man oh man is it gonna bring about the feels.

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I wonder how many theaters this will be shown in and whether it will be everywhere or just in select theaters? My grandma is excited to see it but that is because I told her that my cousin's Bellevue team that ended The Streak is shown in the film, lol.
DAT#6
Four Star Recruit

Post by DAT#6 »

Duck07 wrote:I wonder how many theaters this will be shown in and whether it will be everywhere or just in select theaters? My grandma is excited to see it but that is because I told her that my cousin's Bellevue team that ended The Streak is shown in the film, lol.
I imagine it will get a lot more play from San Francisco to Seattle, than anywhere else.
pdxduck21
Three Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck21 »

It is too bad they filmed it in New Orleans vs California....

It will be interesting to see what they focus on about DLS - the program, the streak or TKs death...have a feeling that is a smaller part then the trailer makes it seem
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

pdxduck21 wrote:It is too bad they filmed it in New Orleans vs California....

It will be interesting to see what they focus on about DLS - the program, the streak or TKs death...have a feeling that is a smaller part then the trailer makes it seem
From ESPN Pac12 blog:
What jumped out quickly from the trailer was that the movie does not depict the year in which Hayes, then a Contra Costa Times sports columnist, spent with the team. Instead, it will focus heavily on the circumstances around the 2004 death of linebacker/running back Terrance Kelly, who was shot two days before he was set to leave to begin his college career -- along with De La Salle teammates Cameron Colvin, Jackie Bates and Willie Glasper -- at Oregon.

"It starts with the championship game in 2003 with T.K. and those guys as seniors," said Hayes, who served as an official consultant on the movie. "Then it goes into the offseason, [Ladouceur's] heart attack, T.K.'s death -- it was crushing for the community -- and then goes into the 2004 season."
http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id ... ac-12-ties
It goes on to mention that there are a few liberties taken such as the game against LB-Poly that took place a few years prior as well as a few created players. IIRC Bjorn Ironsides plays a created character in "Chris Ryan."