Question about Cal Bears game / tickets

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Question about Cal Bears game / tickets

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I've only been to one other road game (Wazzu in Seattle in 2012), and I got the tickets off stubhub.

However, this year since I'm planning the trip ahead of time, what's the best option for buying game tickets? Should I try to do it through goducks? The Cal site? Should I look on stubhub or elsewhere later?

Just curious, and just looking for the best deal.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Re: Question about Cal Bears game / tickets

Post by droop10 »

I'd purchase them on Goducks unless you are banking on finding a team's home game against a top 10 team for under face value. It's possible, but Memorial Stadium isn't that big. I'd go with the safe bet and buy them on Goducks when they go on sale.
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

droop10 wrote:I'd purchase them on Goducks unless you are banking on finding a team's home game against a top 10 team for under face value. It's possible, but Memorial Stadium isn't that big. I'd go with the safe bet and buy them on Goducks when they go on sale.
The game won't be played at Memorial Stadium. It is being played at Levi's Stadium, the 49ers new home in Santa Clara, and on a Friday night.
http://levisstadium.com/headlines/cal-p ... -stadium-0

TK you can buy tickets through Go Ducks or Stubhub. I've gone to every Cal away game over the last 5 years and I've gotten cheaper tickets through StubHub. Cal fans aren't all that, uh, motivated these days. That being said, the game being played at Levi's in Santa Clara might create more of a draw. Kind of a bummer to miss out on the Berkeley campus experience, but the tailgating should improve.

I'd say the biggest challenge if you're planning on visiting for that game will be transportation logistics. If you're planning on driving yourself, then you should be able to get in OK. Traffic coming out on a Friday night is going to be a nightmare though. I'm hopeful that the VTA line will be up. http://www.vta.org/News-and-Media/Conne ... wVJC_ldVgk
AKA: CAgrown
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Elduderino wrote:
droop10 wrote:I'd purchase them on Goducks unless you are banking on finding a team's home game against a top 10 team for under face value. It's possible, but Memorial Stadium isn't that big. I'd go with the safe bet and buy them on Goducks when they go on sale.
The game won't be played at Memorial Stadium. It is being played at Levi's Stadium, the 49ers new home in Santa Clara, and on a Friday night.
http://levisstadium.com/headlines/cal-p ... -stadium-0

TK you can buy tickets through Go Ducks or Stubhub. I've gone to every Cal away game over the last 5 years and I've gotten cheaper tickets through StubHub. Cal fans aren't all that, uh, motivated these days. That being said, the game being played at Levi's in Santa Clara might create more of a draw. Kind of a bummer to miss out on the Berkeley campus experience, but the tailgating should improve.

I'd say the biggest challenge if you're planning on visiting for that game will be transportation logistics. If you're planning on driving yourself, then you should be able to get in OK. Traffic coming out on a Friday night is going to be a nightmare though. I'm hopeful that the VTA line will be up. http://www.vta.org/News-and-Media/Conne ... wVJC_ldVgk
Ahh. I forgot about that. It certainly changes things, and it is true that Cal fans aren't really the most committed. More people may go as a result of the new stadium. Heck, it gives me a bit more incentive to make the 9 hour drive out there just to see the new stadium.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

I've always gotten screwed going through the UO for away tickets so whenever I travel now, I go through the home team site or pay the premium on stubhub. If I'm gonna shell out the money to travel to an away game, I don't want to be sitting in the 2nd to last row (Michigan) or in the corner (USC).
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

If you're wanting to sit with Ducks fans, go through goducks.com. If you want the cheapest possible tickets I'd assume that tickets won't be too difficult to get for this game. Cal website for face value seats is likely cheaper. Just like the Wazzu game you referenced, tickets through their website were about 1/3 of the cost as ones through goducks
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm starting to think stubhub might be the best option. I guess I might as well wait to see what the price is from goducks and cal site, but sounds like most of you just go the stubhub route.

Elduderino, my sister actually lives like 10 minutes from Levi's Stadium, so I'm in luck there!

Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm starting to think stubhub might be the best option. I guess I might as well wait to see what the price is from goducks and cal site, but sounds like most of you just go the stubhub route.

Elduderino, my sister actually lives like 10 minutes from Levi's Stadium, so I'm in luck there!
Nice, that will save you some heartbreak. I'm interested to see how the crowd breaks down for this one. The Ducks have such a large presence in the Bay Area and the greater Sacramento region. Our fans always seem to have quite the showing in Berkeley, I could imagine it being even more impressive at Levi's.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Be careful buying on goducks.com, because they have visitor tickets which usually suck. For the Tennessee game I literally got nosebleed seats, and the WSU game in CenturyLink Stadium we had seats in the upper sections. Try buying from stubhub or the opponent's site, then you'll get better seats for not much higher of a price.
oregon
Three Star Recruit

Post by oregon »

I always go through goducks for away games. It's fun to sit in the visitor section with the good guys, but you don't know where you're sitting until they send the tickets a couple weeks before the game. I was a couple rows from the top twice last year, so weigh it out. Some stadiums are better than others given their capacity. Anywhere at Stanford or Arizona is fine, but corner nosebleeds at USC and Washington totally suck.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

So the cost for single game tickets through goducks is.. either $137, $122, $117, or $97. That seems incredibly too much.

I'm sure I could find better on stubhub.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Decided just to buy them from ticketmaster when Cal announced they were going on sale. EXPENSIVE though! $130 bucks for a sideline/corner 200 level seat. (300 level was like $115)

Nothing like spending 40 bucks to the Wazzu game 2 seasons ago in Seattle for similar seats.

I wonder if playing in the new 49ers stadium is the culprit for the ridiculously high prices for this game.

woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Duck24 wrote:I've always gotten screwed going through the UO for away tickets so whenever I travel now, I go through the home team site or pay the premium on stubhub. If I'm gonna shell out the money to travel to an away game, I don't want to be sitting in the 2nd to last row (Michigan) or in the corner (USC).
Best tickets for USC we've had (40 yard line, about a quarter of the way up the stadium.), my son had given to him by a Las Vegas bar tender (USC alum) who couldn't attend the game. It was at the sports bar he used to watch most of his Duck games at while living there for almost 10 years.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

Craigslist always seems to have the best deals. I have never had a bad experience meeting up with the people either.
Return Of the Quack!
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

So, what are the Duck sections for this one? Are we scattered everywhere?