Another Vernon Adams article.

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Another Vernon Adams article.

Post by lukeyrid13 »

This one by Bruce Feldman who went up to Cheney to interview Vernon. Gives a bit more insight on how his recruitment went and why he chose to come here.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-footba ... les-021915
Phalanx
Senior

Re: Another Vernon Adams article.

Post by Phalanx »

Further confirmation that Adams was the initiator. This is important for two reasons: 1. To answer the Husky/EWU fans who say we 'poached' Adams. Actually, he contacted Oregon, and Oregon then responded with interest. 2. If Adams is unable to beat out Mahalek and Lockie, which seems more likely to me than to many reporters and fans, I won't feel as bad, since it was his idea to transfer and Oregon just agreed to give him a shot.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

With the way that EWU has handled this whole situation, I really think we should make it a point to try to poach any D1 talent that they get just to spite them.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

karlhungis wrote:With the way that EWU has handled this whole situation, I really think we should make it a point to try to poach any D1 talent that they get just to spite them.
Nah, let's just hang 60 on them...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

^^^ This
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

nogerO wrote:
karlhungis wrote:With the way that EWU has handled this whole situation, I really think we should make it a point to try to poach any D1 talent that they get just to spite them.
Nah, let's just hang 60 on them...
We will score 60 if we play our starters until halftime. What's the Oregon record for points in a game and margin of victory? I say we set the bar to break both of those. Send Baldwin back to Cheney with his tail between his legs and tell him to know his role on the way out of town.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

EWU is no pushover with or without Vernon Adams.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

dd10snoop28 wrote:EWU is no pushover with or without Vernon Adams.
Who is his replacement?
OregonFan4life -
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

karlhungis wrote:
Who is his replacement?
From another thread...
woundedknees wrote:Sophomore Jordan West replaced Adams for the 4 game stretch while VA was recuperating from his foot injury. ESPN lists West at 6'4"/220.

Last season, during that period and in mop-up duty, he was 86/142 (60.6%), for 1072 yards, with a 153.1 ypg average. West threw 9 TDs to 1 INT.

West appeared in 7 games, only one of which was a loss. Incidentally, the only loss (By 1 point, 28-27), at N. Arizona, was also his 3rd career start.

While EWU may miss Adams, the cupboard certainly doesn't appear to be bare.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
Who is his replacement?
From another thread...
woundedknees wrote:Sophomore Jordan West replaced Adams for the 4 game stretch while VA was recuperating from his foot injury. ESPN lists West at 6'4"/220.

Last season, during that period and in mop-up duty, he was 86/142 (60.6%), for 1072 yards, with a 153.1 ypg average. West threw 9 TDs to 1 INT.

West appeared in 7 games, only one of which was a loss. Incidentally, the only loss (By 1 point, 28-27), at N. Arizona, was also his 3rd career start.

While EWU may miss Adams, the cupboard certainly doesn't appear to be bare.
Thanks.
OregonFan4life -
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

maxduck wrote:The view from Spokane http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/f ... -for-jump/
It's really impressive how poorly they have dealt with this situation.
OregonFan4life -
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

"Overlooked, Undersized Vernon Adams Is College Football's Superstar In Waiting"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2382 ... in-waiting

"The coos, cries and shrieks rain down after each question and before each answer. On the field, Adams has become a magician when it comes to sidestepping chaos. But right now, there is no escaping the clamor. Where dad goes, Kash follows.
This has become Adams’ life as he readies for an opportunity of a lifetime, the one he thought might never come. He is preparing for June 14, the day he will enroll at Oregon and start a new chapter, but at the moment, it's hard to see beyond baby bottles, final projects and the uncertainty of the months ahead."

"With the change of scenery, Adams may finally play in the Rose Bowl. With the College Football Playoff moving its semifinal games to the Orange Bowl and the Cotton Bowl, however, this should be considered a backup plan for now."

"Hopefully he still doesn't go there," his former coach said, half-joking and half-serious."
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

I feel bad for the kid because he's still taking some heat from their fan base. I am seeing tidbits here & there. Really nasty. The guy has a kid to support so he had to make a tough decision. There are no guarantees that he'll start & he knows that. Needs to do what's best for a chance at a career. People need to get over themselves.