Oregon State @ Oregon (Friday 1 PM, Fox Sports 1)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

gogreen55
Senior

Re: Oregon State @ Oregon (Friday 1 PM, Fox Sports 1)

Post by gogreen55 »

Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Not sure about the helmets. Haven't gotten a full view of them but from what I see in those pictures they look weird.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck24 wrote:Not sure about the helmets. Haven't gotten a full view of them but from what I see in those pictures they look weird.
They're basically using a modified helmet sticker from the Spring Game, which I can sort of dig. It'll be interesting to see how the camo pattern actually looks in-game once it gets sweat on it. I think the helmet seriously needs to ditch the gray facemask and go with the green one.

As for the fan gear, I may have to get either the hoodie or t-shirt.

Edit: Reading around DT just now and someone said that the Nike/Oregon-HGI split may be coming to an end. The whole split seems to have started due to HGI providing some bad customer service on the green Rose Bowl helmets and jacked-up pricing on their full set of helmets. Nike decided to hurt HGI's bank account temporarily (to get a better deal) and switched Oregon over to a paint company that is wholly or partially owned by Jordan Brand. Now, after some time apart, Nike and HGI are coming close to a deal that could put HGI back in charge of Oregon's helmets.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

The story I heard is we had some issues with the helmets, and they refused to fi it.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

So what's the BeavitzFan quote of the game gonna be?

"Nooooooooooooooo! Stop him... Or HIM, Dangit! Stop SOMEBODY!!!"
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

So the beav players despite being 2-9 are still running their mouths. I want the score run up bad
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

cordy02c wrote:So the beav players despite being 2-9 are still running their mouths. I want the score run up bad
8 in a row losses too. With wins over only Weber State and San Jose State, I wonder when the last time the Beavers had this bad of a season.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I am not saying that Oregon State has any chance, but if Oregon is not focused and thinks they have this in the bag before a single down is played could be a lot tougher than needs to be. Oregon state will be up for Oregon. If they can beat us it would make their season. They will be up for the ducks for sure. Oregon can not sleep on them. I been around long enough to know that on paper this game should not be close. How many times has that been the case in college football and the team that is so bad on paper makes a game of it or worse beats the team good on paper. Look at the Florida game this last weekend. It took overtime for them to win. I do not see Oregon having a let down. I do think is possible the game closer than what the spread is though.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I am not saying that Oregon State has any chance, but if Oregon is not focused and thinks they have this in the bag before a single down is played could be a lot tougher than needs to be. Oregon state will be up for Oregon. If they can beat us it would make their season. They will be up for the ducks for sure. Oregon can not sleep on them. I been around long enough to know that on paper this game should not be close. How many times has that been the case in college football and the team that is so bad on paper makes a game of it or worse beats the team good on paper. Look at the Florida game this last weekend. It took overtime for them to win. I do not see Oregon having a let down. I do think is possible the game closer than what the spread is though.

I cant see the Ducks looking past The Beavers or taking them lightly, this team is focused and this is the Civil War and still a chance to get to a better bowl game and 10 wins, the coaches and players are focused and ready to show the college football world the Ducks are back.
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

gofightingducks wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote:I am not saying that Oregon State has any chance, but if Oregon is not focused and thinks they have this in the bag before a single down is played could be a lot tougher than needs to be. Oregon state will be up for Oregon. If they can beat us it would make their season. They will be up for the ducks for sure. Oregon can not sleep on them. I been around long enough to know that on paper this game should not be close. How many times has that been the case in college football and the team that is so bad on paper makes a game of it or worse beats the team good on paper. Look at the Florida game this last weekend. It took overtime for them to win. I do not see Oregon having a let down. I do think is possible the game closer than what the spread is though.

I cant see the Ducks looking past The Beavers or taking them lightly, this team is focused and this is the Civil War and still a chance to get to a better bowl game and 10 wins, the coaches and players are focused and ready to show the college football world the Ducks are back.
This is a mismatch athletically. If Oregon comes in unfocused and disinterested, they'll win by 17.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

here's how confident the beavs fan base is. I have 3 annual bets on the winner. I have already been paid by
my 3 beaver friends.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Okay - reposting my Civil War hype video! DUCKS BLEW THE DOORS OFF. Ducks had 3 losses and played for pride at this game as well as ruining any hopes for the Beavs. Still one of my most favorite games.

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Oh man... this far into the week, and I STILL hadn't watched that video yet!!!! THANK YOU!!!

Ah, watched it... wow... that's just so horrifying. Those poor Beavers! They were SOOOOO CLOSE for awhile, and that game was their best chance... and then we just straight-up murdered them LOL.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

pezsez1 wrote:Oh man... this far into the week, and I STILL hadn't watched that video yet!!!! THANK YOU!!!

Ah, watched it... wow... that's just so horrifying. Those poor Beavers! They were SOOOOO CLOSE for awhile, and that game was their best chance... and then we just straight-up murdered them LOL.

:D :D :D :D :D
bigbenp
Three Star Recruit

Post by bigbenp »

MFRDuckFan wrote:Okay - reposting my Civil War hype video! DUCKS BLEW THE DOORS OFF. Ducks had 3 losses and played for pride at this game as well as ruining any hopes for the Beavs. Still one of my most favorite games.
Thanks for sharing, I haven't seen that on YouTube but I sure remember watching that game.

I'm pumped for the turnaround we have had this season. I took a break from the boards and focused on the games, the toxicity was getting to me. :(