QB Competition

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: QB Competition

Post by buckmarkduck »

Sooth wrote:My enthusiasm level for Oregon football hasn't been this low in a long time. I am excited by the prospect that Helfrich will be fired after this season. Should've been gone after last year. The guy is just a wishy-washy schmuck and certainly not a leader of men.

Oh good, we get another year of this.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Sooth wrote:My enthusiasm level for Oregon football hasn't been this low in a long time. I am excited by the prospect that Helfrich will be fired after this season. Should've been gone after last year. The guy is just a wishy-washy schmuck and certainly not a leader of men.
Fired after going 9-4? Really? That's the stupidest thing I've heard in a while.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Please explain yourself. Thanks.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

I'm pretty much the exact opposite.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

rockthief wrote:

Actually don't explain yourself. Your post says it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

lmduck wrote:
rockthief wrote:

Actually Sooth please don't explain yourself. Your post says it all.

SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

FlDuckFan wrote:

Me too. Lol
John 3:36
duckrogers
One Star Recruit

Post by duckrogers »

FlDuckFan wrote:
Yeah me too. I think Helf has the team headed in the right direction. If we can go 10-2 or 9-3 it would be a decent year.
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

did we have these types of fans 20 years ago?
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

greenyellow wrote:Bet people didn't see this coming:
wow! i was big on Johnson. I liked Wilson and Herbert a lot too, but i didn't exempt them to surpass TJ
cmmadness
Three Star Recruit

Post by cmmadness »

mdm0302 wrote:
No
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

cmmadness wrote:
mdm0302 wrote:
No
I remember when I was a kid hearing people wanting Brooks fired after 93, and even after the first month of 94. But I don't remember anyone wanting a coach fired who won 11,13 and 9 games at UO until now. I like to remind these fools that UW fired Lambright, who did have a down year with a young team, but then once his recruits left UW it was all downhill. Note Slick Rick only won with Lambrights recruits.
rentdodger1
Three Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger1 »

mdm0302 wrote:
Many of the duck fans that this guy(Sooth) represents is like the husky fans of the 70's to mid-90's. Spoiled and entitled seeming to forget where the program has come from. Oregon is going to have down years and it is truly amazing that this program has had 1 losing season in going on 23 years. Only 1 team in the history of the Pac 8-10-12 has had a better run the last 10yrs than Oregon. That was USC, they cheated to do it and major probation followed.

Helfrich did not elevate Pellum to DC, it was done for him. The changes he has made this year are his and success or failure will be at his doorstep. At least he accepted responsibility, adapted and made a change. Is the jury still out on him? Sure, but Oregon hasn't even played a game and idiots like the OP have the hatchets out.

Enjoy the ride and let things play out. That is why they play the games.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

mdm0302 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Bet people didn't see this coming:
wow! i was big on Johnson. I liked Wilson and Herbert a lot too, but i didn't exempt them to surpass TJ

TJ #4? What?
John 3:36
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

greenyellow wrote:
Fired after going 9-4? Really? That's the stupidest thing I've heard in a while.
Now the season is officially here, we have the first "fire (insert coaches name here) post. :roll:

I hope Prukop is better then the guy with the inside knowledge says he is, we'll know soon enough.