Possible replacements for Reaves

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Possible replacements for Reaves

Post by StevensTechU »

OregonDonor wrote: I know. I know, but Helfrich would still be here.
lol
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

OregonDonor wrote:
ducksrock wrote:And now, as LB is racking up yards and winning rings, Hout's moment in the sun and claim to fame is, I got punched out by that guy once.
What's that dude from Eastern Washington that put the late hit on Vernon doing now days? That S.O.B. single handedly changed the direction of Oregon football. If Vernon stays healthy we likely beat MSU and go to the Rose Bowl that year.

I know. I know, but Helfrich would still be here.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Somebody get that kid a beer. :D
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

ducksrock wrote:And now, as LB is racking up yards and winning rings, Hout's moment in the sun and claim to fame is, I got punched out by that guy once.
Hout is actually the DL coach at Montana State now I think. So it's possible he will be in football long after Blount hangs it up. Still, Blount was obviously the superior player.
TyranT
One Star Recruit

Post by TyranT »

DT claiming a replacement hiring may be near
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

TyranT wrote:DT claiming a replacement hiring may be near
Crazy situation to be in, but definitely need someone before players start signing those LOIs.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

Phalanx wrote:
Hout is actually the DL coach at Montana State now I think. So it's possible he will be in football long after Blount hangs it up. Still, Blount was obviously the superior player.
Blount's job pays way more.
DuckedOut
Three Star Recruit

Post by DuckedOut »

TyranT wrote:DT claiming a replacement hiring may be near
Never saw that. Matt said they'd be taking their time with the hire, and they really don't need to rush it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

5$ wrote:
Phalanx wrote:
No doubt about THAT... LB is a stud in the NFL...As compared to a DL coach at Montana State.. lol... I'll bet Hout can use that notoriety as a recruiting tool... Not saying I condone what LB did, but he was surely on the right side of That punch
travelingd
One Star Recruit

Post by travelingd »

ducksrock wrote:
5$ wrote:
Phalanx wrote:
No doubt about THAT... LB is a stud in the NFL...As compared to a DL coach at Montana State.. lol... I'll bet Hout can use that notoriety as a recruiting tool... Not saying I condone what LB did, but he was surely on the right side of That punch
I always hated that the national media didn't play the 10 sec or so leading up to the punch.... Not saying LB was right for doing it, but Hout was basically begging him to do it, I couldn't believe how he was acting.
rekcuf
One Star Recruit

Post by rekcuf »

travelingd wrote:
ducksrock wrote:
5$ wrote:
Phalanx wrote:
I always hated that the national media didn't play the 10 sec or so leading up to the punch.... Not saying LB was right for doing it, but Hout was basically begging him to do it, I couldn't believe how he was acting.
I agree. But you still don't sucker punch the dude.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

If you talk crap and call a kid the N word, be prepared for a punch.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

buckmarkduck wrote:If you talk crap and call a kid the N word, be prepared for a punch.
Yup, actions do speak louder than words. But if you are going to run your mouth in such a disrespectful way to someone you don't even know. Better at least be ready to duck!
rekcuf
One Star Recruit

Post by rekcuf »

buckmarkduck wrote:If you talk crap and call a kid the N word, be prepared for a punch.
If that was the case, how come more wasn't made.of this incident? Oh, that's right--Blount sucker punched Hout...
rekcuf
One Star Recruit

Post by rekcuf »

I get why Blount did what he did. However, Coach Kelly suspending him for 10 games was also telling. Blount was out of control at the time. It appears he learned and has moved on from this incident. Solid NFL career.
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

Yeah, but that smile, followed quickly by a fist to the melon. The way the Boise State player's expression changed. It's all so clear to me. So beautiful.