lawduck
Two Star Recruit

Re: "There's been talk of Willie Taggart Wanting out of Oreg

Post by lawduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
duckfan22 wrote:
Phenom wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:I’m hearing a lot of weird things about Taggart, including from people who have inside ties to the athletic department. I’m honestly not too sure either side is 100% happy but I really have no idea, just been hearing rumors. I guess we’ll see what happens. Mullens has to be at least slightly nervous right now.
What you hearing?
Remember some of your sources were way off when they were looking for a new football coach. Something to do with chip. Not knocking your sources but just be leary.
And Herbert returning for Utah.
I get it, my sources have been wrong lately, I’ll own up to that. I’m just reporting what I’ve heard. I’ve been told by people with strong ties that Willie can be rude and is intense and not very friendly towards members of the AD. I’m not claiming that’s true, just reporting what I’ve heard. I’m not even saying that I believe it, just again, it’s what I’ve heard.
Keep reporting what your sources say on stuff. It is appreciated. They may not always end up being right, but since things move fast and they (and you) can only report what they know at the time. The Chip thing moved very quickly and swung back and forth. What seemed like a sure thing at one point swung 180 degrees in an instant (so I’ve heard).
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Jhop generally has solid football connections, so if he says it’s nonsense, I’d lean towards that.

It is weird though to say this about WT without some Evidence of this being true. Hard to believe after just one year, and with a pretty sweet recruiting class coming in.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Talk like this could kill our recruiting.
srduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by srduck »

UofDuck wrote:Talk like this could kill our recruiting.
who do you think is propagating this story line? Likely opposing coaches who are going after Oregon’s recruits. Make sense now?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

ifuwant2 wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:
dwysywd wrote: Aren't all of them at ESECPN fighting to keep their jobs right now?
Yes, a guy on ESPN is so desperate to keep his job that he thinks mentioning a .500 coach at Oregon is looking elsewhere will help him stay on the air.
No. But I think ESPN loves it when their guys create controversy and they get clicks.
Outside 3 Duck fan boards, there is no controversy.
Pretty sure the guy most plugged into the program, JHop, has already squashed this but since we are debating the validity of BS Duck related rumors, did Blount punch MB?
JHOP tweeting at a tweet is hardly a debunking of anything. But I'm certainly with JHOp on this one. Still, the Ole Miss board certainly thinks Taggart is a number 1 option. It's going to be silly season. Taggart's name is getting floated at all of these jobs because he's either looking to move, his agent is working angles, or other schools want recruits thinking Taggart is leaving. Seems ridiculous to think all these schools are clamoring for a 5-5 coach. If he wants out, let him out. If his agent wants a deal, make Taggart earn it with a big season. If other schools are negative recruiting, then Willie needs to shut that down.
I’m not up to date on my impending NCAA punishment but isn’t Ole Miss staring down some potentially serious sanctions? Why would someone take a job in the same conference as Saban with an arm tied behind their back for the first few years?
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Even without NCAA issues ole miss isn't on par with Oregon, that would be a step down.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Interesting that this rumor starts on a weekend when USC is hosting some big time Oregon targets. Probably just a coincidence though...
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

For whatever reason, this rumor is eliciting a tepid response from me. Negative recruiting tactics typically say far more about your program then the one you're trying to bring down.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

In my opinion, if Willie is already dissatisfied with the job then he wouldn't be a coaching prospect I'd pursue at all. He was just at Western Kentucky and south Florida and you're saying he would have such disdain in this job that he would up and leave for no real reason? Even if it were a culture shock or anything like that there are so many obvious positives to his position, namely a much larger salary and greater exposure and recruiting opportunities. Plus, he would be naive to just lock it up and say that whatever is dissatisfying to him won't improve down the line.

I say all of this to essentially dispell this notion because it's very hyperbolic and exaggerated at minimum if not pure BS. If Willie goes to Florida it's cause he views it as a step up, not to "get out" at Oregon. As for ole Miss or anyone else, I'm not worried.
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

Because there are so many jobs he's being linked to, and their are a few different reports of him looking back towards jobs in the South, I would suspect this is nothing but his agent trying to work a big contract.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

ifuwant2 wrote:Because there are so many jobs he's being linked to, and there are a few different reports of him looking back towards jobs in the South, I would suspect this is nothing but his agent trying to work a big contract.
My guess too is that his agent is actively saying "talk to me" to all job openings looking to make a few hundred grand for himself in a new contract or a new job. It costs him nothing to ask.

I really doubt that the ESPN guy gives a crap about Oregon recruiting and I don't recall there is a UO vs Ole Miss final battle for any of our commits or prospects.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Many factors enter into job satisfaction, including family. We don't know how the sudden death of his father affected him, maybe he believes he should be closer to his mother. We don't know how his wife and children like Eugene and the weather. Joe Salave'a left WSU in large part because his wife felt the Pullman police were unfair after the arrest of several Poly players.

Maybe he loves his job and Eugene, maybe he loves his job and hates Eugene. At this point we just don't know. Hopefully this is just another wild rumor with no basis in reality.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

maxduck wrote:Many factors enter into job satisfaction, including family. We don't know how the sudden death of his father affected him, maybe he believes he should be closer to his mother. We don't know how his wife and children like Eugene and the weather. Joe Salave'a left WSU in large part because his wife felt the Pullman police were unfair after the arrest of several Poly players.

Maybe he loves his job and Eugene, maybe he loves his job and hates Eugene. At this point we just don't know. Hopefully this is just another wild rumor with no basis in reality.
That has actually been in the back of my mind with these rumors.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:Because there are so many jobs he's being linked to, and there are a few different reports of him looking back towards jobs in the South, I would suspect this is nothing but his agent trying to work a big contract.
My guess too is that his agent is actively saying "talk to me" to all job openings looking to make a few hundred grand for himself in a new contract or a new job. It costs him nothing to ask.

I really doubt that the ESPN guy gives a crap about Oregon recruiting and I don't recall there is a UO vs Ole Miss final battle for any of our commits or prospects.
The ESPN guy doesn't have to care about Oregon recruiting, he is just being fed a story and reporting accordingly. It also does not have to involve Ole Miss either, they just happen to have a job opening. If this is dirty recruiting, Ole Miss and Woj are just used as tools by whichever school is trying to undermine us.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

maxduck wrote:Many factors enter into job satisfaction, including family. We don't know how the sudden death of his father affected him, maybe he believes he should be closer to his mother. We don't know how his wife and children like Eugene and the weather. Joe Salave'a left WSU in large part because his wife felt the Pullman police were unfair after the arrest of several Poly players.

Agreed with this take. We really don't know the correct interpretation of this rumor at this point. Might be nothing, might be something, we just don't know yet.