Re: With the bowl game over.....

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Probably within the next few days

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
trnxcam
Three Star Recruit

Post by trnxcam »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:When will we hear about what coaches are leaving and what ones are staying.. I think Cristobal has to act fast if Levitt leaves. Signing day for early period is December 20th if not mistaken. I wonder if some of the ones who don't sign then if we end up losing because of the whole fiasco
I don't think acting "Fast" is a good idea...for HC yeah sure that makes sense. Take the offseason to find the best assistant coaches you can...don't just act on impulse to fill the spot to try and save a couple recruits. Plenty of decent HS football kids that want to play for Oregon....recruit them and replace the ones that we lose and coach'em up.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Re: Assistant Coaches?

Post by Everythingsducky »

Phenom wrote:What's Clay been up to?
Not sure, but if he can teach heart, effort, and fundamentals, there would be nobody better. He always brought all of those.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I wouldn't be surprised if the staff has some openings even into January (just like WT did) but it's not like he's building from the ground up so it'll move a bit faster. I'm sure Cristobal knows which coaches are staying and a group and/or list of people he feels would work in those spots.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

Phenom wrote:What's Clay been up to?
Assistant S&C coach for the 49ers, but he was previously an assistant special teams coach under Chip in Philly and SF IIRC. Started as defensive QC with the Eagles.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I'm honestly surprised we haven't heard of anyone joining FSU yet.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

karlhungis wrote:I'm honestly surprised we haven't heard of anyone joining FSU yet.
Maybe shows that their loyalty to him, went only as far as his loyalty to the staff. He showed nothing, and probably stabbed a few of his friends in the back by not offering them positions at FSU after he dragged them across the country. Me thinks he has burned many a bridge. Eff him.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Everythingsducky wrote:
karlhungis wrote:I'm honestly surprised we haven't heard of anyone joining FSU yet.
Maybe shows that their loyalty to him, went only as far as his loyalty to the staff. He showed nothing, and probably stabbed a few of his friends in the back by not offering them positions at FSU after he dragged them across the country. Me thinks he has burned many a bridge. Eff him.
Agreed. His name will be forever up there with Todd Graham and lane kiffin, not a group you want to join. He is screwed if/when he's out of the FSU gig.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Now looking more and more like Oregon is only going to have to make 2-3 hires. Plus, the combined salaries for Cristobal and Leavitt ($4.2 million) is less than what Oregon was paying for Taggart and Leavitt this past season ($4.4 million) so there's a little extra money, although I'm sure Arroyo got a boost so that's probably where any savings went. I'm sure the $4.5 buyout Oregon got from FSU will help pay for the 10th assistant and any salary increase for the remaining coaches.
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

I don't think there is any reason to expect that Pimp and Woodie won't show up at FSU. I'll be shocked beyond shocked if they don't. Other sites are reporting that they aren't coming back to Oregon.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Yeah, Woodie has been coaching for 20+ years, and this is the only year he has been outside the state of Florida.

Taggart and Pimpleton have been friends since college at WKU, and Taggart moved Lockette from RB coach to TE coach.

Supposedly Jamal Elliott is still 100 percent to Oregon and plans to sign, and enroll early so a deflection from coach Pimp doesn't seem to differ him thankfully.
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Yeah, Woodie has been coaching for 20+ years, and this is the only year he has been outside the state of Florida.

Taggart and Pimpleton have been friends since college at WKU, and Taggart moved Lockette from RB coach to TE coach.

Supposedly Jamal Elliott is still 100 percent to Oregon and plans to sign, and enroll early so a deflection from coach Pimp doesn't seem to differ him thankfully.
They were already recruiting the RB J. Corbin to FSU anyways. I don't think FSU is a player with Elliot. They are trying to get Cook in a battle with Georgia.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

According to reports Donte Pimpleton is heading to FSU. Not a surprise and not a big loss IMO. Freeman and Benoit were about the same while it seemed like TBJ regressed.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

maxduck wrote:According to reports Donte Pimpleton is heading to FSU. Not a surprise and not a big loss IMO. Freeman and Benoit were about the same while it seemed like TBJ regressed.
Good. We need a good RB coach now that Freeman isnt going to be here to cover up for the lack of coaching.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!