Mullens now 0/3 on Head coaching hires for football

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

trnxcam
Three Star Recruit

Re: Mullens now 0/3 on Head coaching hires for football

Post by trnxcam »

This thread and it's original post has no purpose...should be locked.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

And another example of why it is not safe to drink and post.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

Certainly not going to pass judgement as to his head coaching abilities at this point but have to be disapointed in the play of the o-line. I only watched a bit of the game but seemed like we were getting killed at the LOS and that's on the o-line coach.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

1 game doesn't say much about Mario. I don't think we want to discount that Boise is a pretty good team. I'm more concerned that Herbert doesn't look good against good competition. I honestly don't think he faced that many good defenses this year until yesterday.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

It keeps getting more difficult to attract and keep the right coach. The linked article is a good recap. Didn't realize the median tenure of a Power 5 coach is down to three years. That is a lot of turnover.

https://collegefootball.ap.org/article/ ... allow-pool
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Duck fans are all extremely disappointed, obviously. I sure hope yesterday's game didn't "set the identity" of the program.

But I have to wonder, in the big picture, if the occasion for this thread is more about being 0-3 v. BSU than anything else.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Lets see, 5 days to game plan, and his best player sat out.

Yep terrible hire.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

This season proved that Herbert is who matters most. I'd much rather have Herbert playing than Royce. Sure, Royce is an unbelievable RB, but we didn't need Royce to win. He wouldn't have made a shred of difference yesterday.

That said, 5 days isn't much time to gameplan, especially if BSU got more time than we did.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

The game worried me before it even started. I had hoped that Oregon would want to come out and play with emotion and not be flat. Boise State wanted it quite a bit more than Oregon did. I almost picked Boise State. I was not surprised at Oregon losing. I should have gone with my gut instinct instead of hoping Oregon would want to prove the perception they didn't want it to be wrong. Boise State outplayed Oregon in every facet.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:The game worried me before it even started. I had hoped that Oregon would want to come out and play with emotion and not be flat. Boise State wanted it quite a bit more than Oregon did. I almost picked Boise State. I was not surprised at Oregon losing. I should have gone with my gut instinct instead of hoping Oregon would want to prove the perception they didn't want it to be wrong. Boise State outplayed Oregon in every facet.
Our punter had a great game.
jBeavertonduck
Two Star Recruit

Post by jBeavertonduck »

GrantDuck wrote:Not sure how he still has a job.

cristobal is dumb a s stump. Team not ready and doesn't go for it on 4th and short at midfield. (Not Oregon football and statistically stupid as hell).

Should have hired Peterson over Helfrich. Should have hired chip over Taggart(waited 1 week for chip to be fired). LEt a bunch of college kids hire Mario.
You're an idiot
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

pezsez1 wrote:
This season proved that Herbert is who matters most. I'd much rather have Herbert playing than Royce. Sure, Royce is an unbelievable RB, but we didn't need Royce to win. He wouldn't have made a shred of difference yesterday.

That said, 5 days isn't much time to gameplan, especially if BSU got more time than we did.
From the stories I've read, BSU went right from their conference title game to preparing for Oregon, with minimal days off. In contrast, Oregon took a full week off for finals while also having a new HC and a somewhat short-handed, less focused staff. Things just weren't in Oregon's favor this time around.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Knee jerk reaction.

Remember Chips first game with all offseason to prepare?
Disagreed. chip had good seasons as an Oc and went for it on 4th and short and followed basic math.

Our coach doesn't know basic fking math...
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

GrantDuck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Knee jerk reaction.

Remember Chips first game with all offseason to prepare?
Disagreed. chip had good seasons as an Oc and went for it on 4th and short and followed basic math.

Our coach doesn't know basic fking math...
Someone’s bender has reached Day 2.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

With the way the offensive line was blocking just how many 4th down conversions do you think they would have turned into 1st downs? And how many more tds for bsu.