Oregon working on 2022 game with Georgia

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Oregon working on 2022 game with Georgia

Post by greenyellow »

It appears the lone remaining non-con game for Oregon's 2022 season is close to being filled with Georgia. Reports are saying that Oregon and Georgia are tentatively scheduled to open the 2022 season down in Atlanta's Mercedes-Benz Stadium as potentially part of the Chick-Fil-A Kickoff series.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Oregon working on 2022 game with Georgia

Post by OregonFan4Life »

That’s about as far as you can get an SEC team to travel for a legit non-conference game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OregonFan4Life wrote:That’s about as far as you can get an SEC team to travel for a legit non-conference game.

Seems the only time the SEC comes out West is against teams like UW and ASU, who were both losing to middling programs when they had LSU come out here. I have to give credit to Tennessee for following through on their agreement and actually coming to Autzen.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

F that. Either do a home and away or piss off playing a neutral site game in your backyard.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

greenyellow wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:That’s about as far as you can get an SEC team to travel for a legit non-conference game.

Seems the only time the SEC comes out West is against teams like UW and ASU, who were both losing to middling programs when they had LSU come out here. I have to give credit to Tennessee for following through on their agreement and actually coming to Autzen.
That’s true, Tennessee is an exception to that SEC unspoken rule. Tennessee deserves credit for usually scheduling tough home and away games.

Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
greenyellow wrote:

That’s true, Tennessee is an exception to that SEC unspoken rule. Tennessee deserves credit for usually scheduling tough home and away games.

Props to Tennessee, but where did it get them? They still scheduling home and homes with the Pac12? I too don’t like the SEC matchups to always being on their turf. If they aren’t willing to come out west, screw them. Do home and homes with the Big 10 and Big 12. Let the SEC continually schedule The Citadel for their OOC games.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Duck07 wrote:F that. Either do a home and away or piss off playing a neutral site game in your backyard.
My thoughts exactly. “Neutral site” 2,500 miles from Eugene and 60 miles from Athens. Kinda like that LSU game in Dallas. My hope is that with Las Vegas and LA getting larger NFL venues, we might see some of these “neutral site” games end up closer to the west coast based teams.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Neutral site my ass!
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck24 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:F that. Either do a home and away or piss off playing a neutral site game in your backyard.
My thoughts exactly. “Neutral site” 2,500 miles from Eugene and 60 miles from Athens. Kinda like that LSU game in Dallas. My hope is that with Las Vegas and LA getting larger NFL venues, we might see some of these “neutral site” games end up closer to the west coast based teams.
That's my hope as well. The furthest West a "neutral" game is typically held is AT&T Stadium in Dallas.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Does “neutral site” mean we get 50% of the revenue when 95% of the Stadium is filled with Georgia fans?
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:Does “neutral site” mean we get 50% of the revenue when 95% of the Stadium is filled with Georgia fans?
When we started the season with LSU at a 'neutral site,' each team got a defined payout. Revenue exceeding those payouts and other expenses went to the host.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

StevensTechU wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:Does “neutral site” mean we get 50% of the revenue when 95% of the Stadium is filled with Georgia fans?
When we started the season with LSU at a 'neutral site,' each team got a defined payout. Revenue exceeding those payouts and other expenses went to the host.
IIRC, LSU received a considerably larger payout than Oregon.

$3.5 - $2. O million ... with travel expenses and various other costs, Oregon essentially did it for the potential notoriety.

Definitely wasn't profitable.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

:lol: sad but so true

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

TualatinDuck wrote:Neutral site my ass!
I say we play them and beat their ass in front of their crowd and the world. When Miami was building its dynasty, before they were anything, they built their rep on the mantra, “We’ll play any body, anytime and any place”. Let other teams hide. How fun would it be for fans if teams would step out of shadows and ball. Would that be wreckless? Hell yeah it would be.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

UofDuck wrote:
TualatinDuck wrote:Neutral site my ass!
I say we play them and beat their ass in front of their crowd and the world. When Miami was building its dynasty, before they were anything, they built their rep on the mantra, “We’ll play any body, anytime and any place”. Let other teams hide. How fun would it be for fans if teams would step out of shadows and ball. Would that be wreckless? Hell yeah it would be.
If we do schedule the game, I'd rather it be a true road game so fans can see a game "between the hedges" in Athens that make the trip, instead of eating at Chik-Fil-A in the Superdome without the tailgate and pregame atmosphere.