Is Marcus Arroyo Allergic to the screen pass?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

AshlandDuck
Three Star Recruit

Re: Is Marcus Arroyo Allergic to the screen pass?

Post by AshlandDuck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Duckenstein wrote:Dude has some kind of mental hangup
Duck24 wrote:Better question would be if Johnny Johnson is allergic to catching the ball.
Whatever his hangups, I hope he enjoyed starting for a couple years because he won't be a starter next year. Unless our WR class falls apart again, we will have a bunch of new guys, and Johnson and Schooler won't be on the field much. Neither get separation, and Schooler does nothing to help out Herbert when he does.look his way.

Not quite true. Schooler had a way better game than Johnson and actually had a couple of nice grabs.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

This was definitely one of Schooler's better games. He got open at key times and made some key grabs that kept drives going.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

No WR got open in the first half. And schooler could have made some big plays, but he doesn't have the body control or skill to block out the safety. A better WR see's the FS coming and either gets his body in between the ball and Safety, or gets hit early causing a PI. Outside of Mitchell, this is the worst group of WR UO has ever had. FWT saw that, and recruited like a crazy man trying to bring in some talented WR, but then he left and so did they.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

The whole group lacks focus and consistency
buckmarkduck wrote:
Duckenstein wrote:Dude has some kind of mental hangup
Duck24 wrote:Better question would be if Johnny Johnson is allergic to catching the ball.
Whatever his hangups, I hope he enjoyed starting for a couple years because he won't be a starter next year. Unless our WR class falls apart again, we will have a bunch of new guys, and Johnson and Schooler won't be on the field much. Neither get separation, and Schooler does nothing to help out Herbert when he does.look his way.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

At least. Schooler gives effort. He caught some passes last night. Johnson is a drive killer...unless it’s a hard catch he drops it
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Just has yet to impress me....... what's going on with Hines? Still injured?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Alan wrote:Just has yet to impress me....... what's going on with Hines? Still injured?
Still injured as apparently his knee and now hamstring have been acting up the past few weeks.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I've been wondering when we will see any of Addison, Crocker, and Tucker. I gather it takes awhile to learn route running and blocking, so maybe we are waiting for next year? If that is the case, it doesn't seem like the 2019 recruits are going to help Herbert much.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Phalanx wrote:I've been wondering when we will see any of Addison, Crocker, and Tucker. I gather it takes awhile to learn route running and blocking, so maybe we are waiting for next year? If that is the case, it doesn't seem like the 2019 recruits are going to help Herbert much.
Wait until they hit the point where they won’t burn their RS season, then start playing them if they’re ready.
dphi
Two Star Recruit

Post by dphi »

Phalanx wrote:I've been wondering when we will see any of Addison, Crocker, and Tucker. I gather it takes awhile to learn route running and blocking, so maybe we are waiting for next year? If that is the case, it doesn't seem like the 2019 recruits are going to help Herbert much.
Tucker was hurt for a while, not sure if he still is or not.

The WRs they have for the '19 class appear to be more talented than the previous class. Addison will be a good addition but he got here pretty late so it'll take some time to pick things up.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

duckfan96 wrote:At least. Schooler gives effort. He caught some passes last night. Johnson is a drive killer...unless it’s a hard catch he drops it
JJIII is the most baffling player for me. We knew Graham and Lenoir would struggle, but both have had their moments. Lenoir made two huge plays for us, even if his coverage isn't reliable. But this whole off season we were told that Johnny Johnson is faster and better. Instead he looks like he got Jaison Williams hands after the yips got him.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

GoDucksTroll wrote:
duckfan96 wrote:At least. Schooler gives effort. He caught some passes last night. Johnson is a drive killer...unless it’s a hard catch he drops it
JJIII is the most baffling player for me. We knew Graham and Lenoir would struggle, but both have had their moments. Lenoir made two huge plays for us, even if his coverage isn't reliable. But this whole off season we were told that Johnny Johnson is faster and better. Instead he looks like he got Jaison Williams hands after the yips got him.
I'm not sure if I've seen him make a catch with his hands at all. He almost always uses his body to make the catch.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!