#16 Oregon @ Stanford (Sept. 21, Sat 4 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Re: #16 Oregon @ Stanford (Sept. 21, Sat 4 PM ESPN)

Post by nogerO »

There's going to be a lot of jump balls thrown to their WR's & TE's...Hope our smallish dbs are ready. If they don't learn to turn their head around to find the ball it will be a long day. Still, I think the Ducks win this one, but don't look for a blowout...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:Outside of Oregon state, when was the last road game we scored more than 8 points both halves? The Utah, Washington State, and Arizona games, by the time they did anything we were so far behind the game was not competitive. I don't have any rose colored glasses on. Oregon does that against Stanford, and it will likely cost them the game, just as it has the other road games they have all lost. The lone exception would be Michigan State.
You're not wrong about the offense to an extent, but it's not like the defense was lights out those games. Did you blame Leavitt just as much last year? Oregon as a team was awful and completely unprepared for those games. To pin it solely on Arroyo is making him more of a scapegoat than he should be. Now if Oregon loses to Stanford with a score like 10-14, then you're definitely onto something. Even the Auburn game you have a point, cause the defense gave up points in the second half they wouldn't have if the offense had the ball more and kept the defense off of the field. But for those three road games last year, the offense and defense both were just plain bad. Defense gave up lots of points they shouldn't have. Hopefully the offense and defense don't repeat that this year.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

nogerO wrote:There's going to be a lot of jump balls thrown to their WR's & TE's...Hope our smallish dbs are ready. If they don't learn to turn their head around to find the ball it will be a long day. Still, I think the Ducks win this one, but don't look for a blowout...
In order to throw jump balls the QB needs time, of course unless the ball is close to the goal line. Stanford has a beat up OLine and I'm confident Oregon's Front Seven will get plenty of pressure on Costello. Plus if they try those jumpballs close to the goal line, then it's against the CB's, and I haven't seen anything from Graham, Lenoir, and Wright to suggest that'll be easy for anyone Oregon faces this season.
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

Duck07 wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote:For those who think we win by 3 touchdowns or so am curious what that is based on. I hope that you are right. I am curious though given our lack of offensive output on the road where people get that idea. Is it the duck colored glasses are wearing or do you base it on something other than just hoping are right about the offense. I think we should win by 17 but think with Arroyo as our OC we probably only win by 3 or 4. He has not shown the ability to adjust to what defensive adjustments teams make at half time to Oregon.
That Stanford blows and Arroyo isn't anywhere near as bad as you make him out to be.
Bump
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I never predict against Stanford anymore, other than to predict I will be infuriated by pass interference penalties on the defense when their receivers shove as much as anyone.

What I expect? ..a close game, but then our defense forces a couple turnovers and blows it open in the 2nd half.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Merganzer wrote:
They have also had one of the most difficult schedules so far in the conference.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

karlhungis wrote:
Merganzer wrote:
They have also had one of the most difficult schedules so far in the conference.
UCF, quality. But 1-1 Northwestern, USC ?
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Merganzer wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
Merganzer wrote:
UCF, quality. But 1-1 Northwestern, USC ?
Considering most teams have played 2, or even 3, patsies in that same stretch, yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

KJ Costello is a stud and torched us last year. If he can return to his level of play for first 1/2 of last year then we are going to have more trouble than anticipated.

Luckily for us, the couple articles have meniotned that his supporting cast is really bad. WR's had a lot of drops and d-line has struggled on pass rush.

Just wanted to point at that even though he's had a slow start, he is really good.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/0 ... adebo.html

Stanford’s Paulson Adebo is as good as it gets when it comes to taking opposing wideouts out of the game plan. He forced incompletions on 26.9 percent of his targets last season, best among returning Pac-12 cornerbacks, according to Pro Football Focus, which ranked Adebo among the top 20 players entering the season. Fortunately for No. 16 Oregon (2-1), Adebo is coming off a game in which UCF exposed his aggressive tendencies. He had four tackles but was beaten badly on a double-move for a 38-yard touchdown in a 45-27 loss that wasn’t truly that close.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »